Feb 27, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
This was already going to be a rough spot for New Orleans — second night of a back-to-back facing a rested Oklahoma City. That’s a game nobody expects the Hornets to win.
Davis tweaked his shoulder in the third quarter on Tuesday and sat the rest of the game as a precaution. Davis did not travel with the team and is getting treatment back at the team facilities, but this is not something considered serious.
With him out Ryan Anderson likely starts and that gives the Hornets some firepower, but their bench will take a big hit in productivity.
Gordon hasn’t been playing in back-to-backs. He shot 4-of-15 on Tuesday night in the Hornets loss to the Nets. In his past five games he’s averaging 15.2 points a game but on just 38 percent shooting overall and 25 percent from three. He has not found his groove since returning from a knee injury. And Hornets fans are pretty impatient with him.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9