Feb 27, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
This was already going to be a rough spot for New Orleans — second night of a back-to-back facing a rested Oklahoma City. That’s a game nobody expects the Hornets to win.
Davis tweaked his shoulder in the third quarter on Tuesday and sat the rest of the game as a precaution. Davis did not travel with the team and is getting treatment back at the team facilities, but this is not something considered serious.
With him out Ryan Anderson likely starts and that gives the Hornets some firepower, but their bench will take a big hit in productivity.
Gordon hasn’t been playing in back-to-backs. He shot 4-of-15 on Tuesday night in the Hornets loss to the Nets. In his past five games he’s averaging 15.2 points a game but on just 38 percent shooting overall and 25 percent from three. He has not found his groove since returning from a knee injury. And Hornets fans are pretty impatient with him.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6