Feb 27, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
This was already going to be a rough spot for New Orleans — second night of a back-to-back facing a rested Oklahoma City. That’s a game nobody expects the Hornets to win.
Davis tweaked his shoulder in the third quarter on Tuesday and sat the rest of the game as a precaution. Davis did not travel with the team and is getting treatment back at the team facilities, but this is not something considered serious.
With him out Ryan Anderson likely starts and that gives the Hornets some firepower, but their bench will take a big hit in productivity.
Gordon hasn’t been playing in back-to-backs. He shot 4-of-15 on Tuesday night in the Hornets loss to the Nets. In his past five games he’s averaging 15.2 points a game but on just 38 percent shooting overall and 25 percent from three. He has not found his groove since returning from a knee injury. And Hornets fans are pretty impatient with him.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 9
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14