Feb 27, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
The fact forward D.J. White is going to sign with the Celtics is not new news — he’s actually been hanging around the team waiting for the time to come.
But the fact he finally got clearance from his Chinese team to do so is new. The letter has come and White is expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Celtics in the next 24 hours, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
White is not going to be a game changer for the Celtics, but he does provide Boston a little needed depth up front. They will need that depth as Doc Rivers starts trying to get key guys rest the last weeks of the regular season. Which he has all but said he would do.
White was drafted by the Pistons at the end of the first round in 2008, was traded to the Thunder and spent the past season and a half before this one with the Bobcats, before deciding to play overseas this season.
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely with fractured wrist 2
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 5
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 7
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 11
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39