Feb 27, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
The fact forward D.J. White is going to sign with the Celtics is not new news — he’s actually been hanging around the team waiting for the time to come.
But the fact he finally got clearance from his Chinese team to do so is new. The letter has come and White is expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Celtics in the next 24 hours, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
White is not going to be a game changer for the Celtics, but he does provide Boston a little needed depth up front. They will need that depth as Doc Rivers starts trying to get key guys rest the last weeks of the regular season. Which he has all but said he would do.
White was drafted by the Pistons at the end of the first round in 2008, was traded to the Thunder and spent the past season and a half before this one with the Bobcats, before deciding to play overseas this season.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 5
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11