Feb 27, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
The fact forward D.J. White is going to sign with the Celtics is not new news — he’s actually been hanging around the team waiting for the time to come.
But the fact he finally got clearance from his Chinese team to do so is new. The letter has come and White is expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Celtics in the next 24 hours, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
White is not going to be a game changer for the Celtics, but he does provide Boston a little needed depth up front. They will need that depth as Doc Rivers starts trying to get key guys rest the last weeks of the regular season. Which he has all but said he would do.
White was drafted by the Pistons at the end of the first round in 2008, was traded to the Thunder and spent the past season and a half before this one with the Bobcats, before deciding to play overseas this season.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 23
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 22
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2