Feb 27, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
The fact forward D.J. White is going to sign with the Celtics is not new news — he’s actually been hanging around the team waiting for the time to come.
But the fact he finally got clearance from his Chinese team to do so is new. The letter has come and White is expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Celtics in the next 24 hours, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
White is not going to be a game changer for the Celtics, but he does provide Boston a little needed depth up front. They will need that depth as Doc Rivers starts trying to get key guys rest the last weeks of the regular season. Which he has all but said he would do.
White was drafted by the Pistons at the end of the first round in 2008, was traded to the Thunder and spent the past season and a half before this one with the Bobcats, before deciding to play overseas this season.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42