Feb 27, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
The fact forward D.J. White is going to sign with the Celtics is not new news — he’s actually been hanging around the team waiting for the time to come.
But the fact he finally got clearance from his Chinese team to do so is new. The letter has come and White is expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Celtics in the next 24 hours, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
White is not going to be a game changer for the Celtics, but he does provide Boston a little needed depth up front. They will need that depth as Doc Rivers starts trying to get key guys rest the last weeks of the regular season. Which he has all but said he would do.
White was drafted by the Pistons at the end of the first round in 2008, was traded to the Thunder and spent the past season and a half before this one with the Bobcats, before deciding to play overseas this season.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0