Feb 27, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
This was the last play of the third quarter during the Lakers’ drubbing at the hands of the Nuggets on Monday, which might explain why there was no foul called on the play, and why it largely fell under the radar of just about everyone watching.
Ben Hochman of the Denver Post noticed, however, and thanks to his posting of the video we have the clip for you here.
But there’s just too much history where MWP is concerned to do that, and it would appear that this was a cheap shot he got away with — both at the time of the incident, and in the days that followed, since no action from the league office has been taken in terms of handing down a fine or suspension.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6