Feb 27, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
This was the last play of the third quarter during the Lakers’ drubbing at the hands of the Nuggets on Monday, which might explain why there was no foul called on the play, and why it largely fell under the radar of just about everyone watching.
Ben Hochman of the Denver Post noticed, however, and thanks to his posting of the video we have the clip for you here.
But there’s just too much history where MWP is concerned to do that, and it would appear that this was a cheap shot he got away with — both at the time of the incident, and in the days that followed, since no action from the league office has been taken in terms of handing down a fine or suspension.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)