Feb 27, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Kyrie Irving is sitting out the Cavaliers game against the Raptors on Wednesday, which was to be expected. When he missed Tuesday’s game we told you that this was likely.
But in announcing he is out there is an interesting note from Bob Finnan of the News Herald on twitter.
Cavs guard Kyrie Irving had an MRI on his right knee in Chicago. He could be back on the court Friday.—
Bob Finnan (@BobCavsinsider) February 27, 2013
Good news the MRI was precaution and nothing serious was found.
Cleveland needs him back, without him on Wednesday night they started shooting 1-of-15 and were forced into a series of bad shots.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 22
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26