Feb 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EST
Ray Allen has already had a movie role plenty of actors in Hollywood would kill for — staring role opposite Denzel Washington in a major Spike Lee production. He was Jesus Shuttlesworth in “He Got Game.”
After that Allen left acting and went on to a nice little 16-year (and counting) basketball career where he became the NBA’s all-time leading three point shooter.
When that is over, might Ray Allen go back to acting?
“Oh, yes,” Allen said when asked if wants to act. “It’s just something that’s going to keep me busy and something that can challenge you and keep you focused on a daily basis’…
“Basketball has just taken precedent,’’ Allen said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about why he hasn’t tackled any significant roles since “He Got Game.” “I haven’t been able to find the time. That took my whole summer (of 1997 after his Milwaukee Bucks had failed to make the playoffs). Now, I’ve been playing in the playoffs. Mostly, you go into June and that time is so limited.”
None other than Leonardo DiCaprio told Allen a couple years ago he should get back in the acting game. Then he and Rick Fox can hang out together at parties and tower over the literally short Hollywood crowd.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 9
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5