Feb 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Ray Allen has already had a movie role plenty of actors in Hollywood would kill for — staring role opposite Denzel Washington in a major Spike Lee production. He was Jesus Shuttlesworth in “He Got Game.”
After that Allen left acting and went on to a nice little 16-year (and counting) basketball career where he became the NBA’s all-time leading three point shooter.
When that is over, might Ray Allen go back to acting?
“Oh, yes,” Allen said when asked if wants to act. “It’s just something that’s going to keep me busy and something that can challenge you and keep you focused on a daily basis’…
“Basketball has just taken precedent,’’ Allen said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about why he hasn’t tackled any significant roles since “He Got Game.” “I haven’t been able to find the time. That took my whole summer (of 1997 after his Milwaukee Bucks had failed to make the playoffs). Now, I’ve been playing in the playoffs. Mostly, you go into June and that time is so limited.”
None other than Leonardo DiCaprio told Allen a couple years ago he should get back in the acting game. Then he and Rick Fox can hang out together at parties and tower over the literally short Hollywood crowd.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 13
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 19
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 5
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 38
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22