Feb 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Ray Allen has already had a movie role plenty of actors in Hollywood would kill for — staring role opposite Denzel Washington in a major Spike Lee production. He was Jesus Shuttlesworth in “He Got Game.”
After that Allen left acting and went on to a nice little 16-year (and counting) basketball career where he became the NBA’s all-time leading three point shooter.
When that is over, might Ray Allen go back to acting?
“Oh, yes,” Allen said when asked if wants to act. “It’s just something that’s going to keep me busy and something that can challenge you and keep you focused on a daily basis’…
“Basketball has just taken precedent,’’ Allen said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about why he hasn’t tackled any significant roles since “He Got Game.” “I haven’t been able to find the time. That took my whole summer (of 1997 after his Milwaukee Bucks had failed to make the playoffs). Now, I’ve been playing in the playoffs. Mostly, you go into June and that time is so limited.”
None other than Leonardo DiCaprio told Allen a couple years ago he should get back in the acting game. Then he and Rick Fox can hang out together at parties and tower over the literally short Hollywood crowd.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61