Feb 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Ray Allen has already had a movie role plenty of actors in Hollywood would kill for — staring role opposite Denzel Washington in a major Spike Lee production. He was Jesus Shuttlesworth in “He Got Game.”
After that Allen left acting and went on to a nice little 16-year (and counting) basketball career where he became the NBA’s all-time leading three point shooter.
When that is over, might Ray Allen go back to acting?
“Oh, yes,” Allen said when asked if wants to act. “It’s just something that’s going to keep me busy and something that can challenge you and keep you focused on a daily basis’…
“Basketball has just taken precedent,’’ Allen said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about why he hasn’t tackled any significant roles since “He Got Game.” “I haven’t been able to find the time. That took my whole summer (of 1997 after his Milwaukee Bucks had failed to make the playoffs). Now, I’ve been playing in the playoffs. Mostly, you go into June and that time is so limited.”
None other than Leonardo DiCaprio told Allen a couple years ago he should get back in the acting game. Then he and Rick Fox can hang out together at parties and tower over the literally short Hollywood crowd.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20