Feb 27, 2013, 1:56 PM EST
Ray Allen has already had a movie role plenty of actors in Hollywood would kill for — staring role opposite Denzel Washington in a major Spike Lee production. He was Jesus Shuttlesworth in “He Got Game.”
After that Allen left acting and went on to a nice little 16-year (and counting) basketball career where he became the NBA’s all-time leading three point shooter.
When that is over, might Ray Allen go back to acting?
“Oh, yes,” Allen said when asked if wants to act. “It’s just something that’s going to keep me busy and something that can challenge you and keep you focused on a daily basis’…
“Basketball has just taken precedent,’’ Allen said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about why he hasn’t tackled any significant roles since “He Got Game.” “I haven’t been able to find the time. That took my whole summer (of 1997 after his Milwaukee Bucks had failed to make the playoffs). Now, I’ve been playing in the playoffs. Mostly, you go into June and that time is so limited.”
None other than Leonardo DiCaprio told Allen a couple years ago he should get back in the acting game. Then he and Rick Fox can hang out together at parties and tower over the literally short Hollywood crowd.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8