Feb 26, 2013, 3:08 PM EST
Parker tried to hide his triceps injury but word eventually got back to Popovich who sat his best player to get him some rest and get him healthy.
According to Jeff McDonald of the Express-News tweets Parker will be back on Wednesday (as Parker had expected).
San Antonio got the win in Phoenix without their point guard and likely would be fine on Wednesday against the same team in a home-and-home. But they could use him. Parker is averaging 21.1 points a game on 53.6 percent shooting, he’s hitting 37.9 percent of his threes and he’s averaging 7.6 assists per game, too. He has a PER of 24.6. There’s a reason people are trying to put his name in the MVP conversations.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13