Feb 26, 2013, 3:08 PM EST
Parker tried to hide his triceps injury but word eventually got back to Popovich who sat his best player to get him some rest and get him healthy.
According to Jeff McDonald of the Express-News tweets Parker will be back on Wednesday (as Parker had expected).
Tony Parker (triceps) practiced today and says he's good to play Wednesday vs PHX barring setback.—
Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) February 26, 2013
San Antonio got the win in Phoenix without their point guard and likely would be fine on Wednesday against the same team in a home-and-home. But they could use him. Parker is averaging 21.1 points a game on 53.6 percent shooting, he’s hitting 37.9 percent of his threes and he’s averaging 7.6 assists per game, too. He has a PER of 24.6. There’s a reason people are trying to put his name in the MVP conversations.
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 7
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 13
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)