Feb 26, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
Parker tried to hide his triceps injury but word eventually got back to Popovich who sat his best player to get him some rest and get him healthy.
According to Jeff McDonald of the Express-News tweets Parker will be back on Wednesday (as Parker had expected).
Tony Parker (triceps) practiced today and says he's good to play Wednesday vs PHX barring setback.—
Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) February 26, 2013
San Antonio got the win in Phoenix without their point guard and likely would be fine on Wednesday against the same team in a home-and-home. But they could use him. Parker is averaging 21.1 points a game on 53.6 percent shooting, he’s hitting 37.9 percent of his threes and he’s averaging 7.6 assists per game, too. He has a PER of 24.6. There’s a reason people are trying to put his name in the MVP conversations.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13