Feb 26, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
Parker tried to hide his triceps injury but word eventually got back to Popovich who sat his best player to get him some rest and get him healthy.
According to Jeff McDonald of the Express-News tweets Parker will be back on Wednesday (as Parker had expected).
San Antonio got the win in Phoenix without their point guard and likely would be fine on Wednesday against the same team in a home-and-home. But they could use him. Parker is averaging 21.1 points a game on 53.6 percent shooting, he’s hitting 37.9 percent of his threes and he’s averaging 7.6 assists per game, too. He has a PER of 24.6. There’s a reason people are trying to put his name in the MVP conversations.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18