Feb 26, 2013, 9:44 PM EST
Roy Hibbert, your suspension will come down tomorrow.
Hibbert and David Lee got into a shoving match in the middle of the fourth quarter of the Pacers/Warriors game Tuesday that quickly escalated with everybody on the court jumping in. It was a scrum that saw Stephen Curry get thrown around like a rag doll by Hibbert — and to his credit bounce right back up and go at it. Hibbert was ejected and the suspension for his Curry toss is coming.
We’ll see if other fines come down as well.
Indiana, up 10 at the time of the fight, followed the lead of a fired up David West to win 108-97, the fifth straight double-digit win for the Pacers.
It all started at 6:05 in the fourth quarter as West was posting up Andris Biedrins on the left block , but watch Roy Hibbert and David Lee off the ball in the video above, there is pushing going on while the play is in action.
Then as the shot goes up Lee gives Hibbert a two-handed shove like he’s trying to clear out space for a rebound in the 1950s (that was pretty much legal then). Hibbert comes back and shoves Lee hard after the whistle and now these two are doing the NBA bumping/shoving fight (no actual punches.)
Guys step in to separate them, Hibbert gets pushed out of the scrum and Stephen Curry came rushing up to Hibbert and Curry was thrown to the ground like a rag doll. That is what got Hibbert ejected and what will get him at least a one-game suspension.
Then everybody on the floor got into the scrum, which chased off the baseline photographers and started to spill into the first row of fans. West came in as a “peacemaker” and knocked a bunch of people over and did a lot of jawing.
When it was over a very hot Hibbert was given two fouls and ejected. Curry, West, Klay Thompson and David Lee all got technical.
The only thing I would like to see is Lee get a fine, his shove was really the instigation.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6