Feb 26, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
Roy Hibbert, your suspension will come down tomorrow.
Hibbert and David Lee got into a shoving match in the middle of the fourth quarter of the Pacers/Warriors game Tuesday that quickly escalated with everybody on the court jumping in. It was a scrum that saw Stephen Curry get thrown around like a rag doll by Hibbert — and to his credit bounce right back up and go at it. Hibbert was ejected and the suspension for his Curry toss is coming.
We’ll see if other fines come down as well.
Indiana, up 10 at the time of the fight, followed the lead of a fired up David West to win 108-97, the fifth straight double-digit win for the Pacers.
It all started at 6:05 in the fourth quarter as West was posting up Andris Biedrins on the left block , but watch Roy Hibbert and David Lee off the ball in the video above, there is pushing going on while the play is in action.
Then as the shot goes up Lee gives Hibbert a two-handed shove like he’s trying to clear out space for a rebound in the 1950s (that was pretty much legal then). Hibbert comes back and shoves Lee hard after the whistle and now these two are doing the NBA bumping/shoving fight (no actual punches.)
Guys step in to separate them, Hibbert gets pushed out of the scrum and Stephen Curry came rushing up to Hibbert and Curry was thrown to the ground like a rag doll. That is what got Hibbert ejected and what will get him at least a one-game suspension.
Then everybody on the floor got into the scrum, which chased off the baseline photographers and started to spill into the first row of fans. West came in as a “peacemaker” and knocked a bunch of people over and did a lot of jawing.
When it was over a very hot Hibbert was given two fouls and ejected. Curry, West, Klay Thompson and David Lee all got technical.
The only thing I would like to see is Lee get a fine, his shove was really the instigation.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31