Feb 26, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Samuel Dalembert — the Bucks backup big man who drew some interest at the trade deadline but not enough for Milwaukee to move him — has been suspended by the team for one game, the team announced. He will sit out Tuesday night when the Bucks face the Mavericks.
The reason is the popular and vague “violation of team rules.” It is a suspension without pay.
Dalembert is averaging 7 points and 5.8 rebounds a game for the season but has seen a drop in minutes recently — 11, 8 and 16 in Milwaukee’s last three. He could be unhappy with that development, but this could be for a whole lot of reasons.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 4
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 19
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25