Feb 25, 2013, 8:41 AM EST
Sorry Mark Cuban, we really aren’t just running this video to rub it in. Well, that’s not the only reason.
Kobe Bryant was in vintage mode on Sunday and the Mavericks paid the price. He dropped 38 by both attacking the rim and hitting ridiculous contested threes. He made O.J. Mayo look bad at moments, then even when Mayo does everything right drains the shot anyway. When he is on there is no defense.
The Lakers are going to need a few more of these games from Kobe if they are going to make the playoffs. The Lakers can’t have many off nights, Houston and Utah will not be easy to catch, and on the nights when the rest of the team takes a mental vacation it will be up to Kobe to pull them through. He did in this one and did it in classic style.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 3
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9