Feb 25, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Sorry Mark Cuban, we really aren’t just running this video to rub it in. Well, that’s not the only reason.
Kobe Bryant was in vintage mode on Sunday and the Mavericks paid the price. He dropped 38 by both attacking the rim and hitting ridiculous contested threes. He made O.J. Mayo look bad at moments, then even when Mayo does everything right drains the shot anyway. When he is on there is no defense.
The Lakers are going to need a few more of these games from Kobe if they are going to make the playoffs. The Lakers can’t have many off nights, Houston and Utah will not be easy to catch, and on the nights when the rest of the team takes a mental vacation it will be up to Kobe to pull them through. He did in this one and did it in classic style.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 18
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 15
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20