Feb 25, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Sorry Mark Cuban, we really aren’t just running this video to rub it in. Well, that’s not the only reason.
Kobe Bryant was in vintage mode on Sunday and the Mavericks paid the price. He dropped 38 by both attacking the rim and hitting ridiculous contested threes. He made O.J. Mayo look bad at moments, then even when Mayo does everything right drains the shot anyway. When he is on there is no defense.
The Lakers are going to need a few more of these games from Kobe if they are going to make the playoffs. The Lakers can’t have many off nights, Houston and Utah will not be easy to catch, and on the nights when the rest of the team takes a mental vacation it will be up to Kobe to pull them through. He did in this one and did it in classic style.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19