Feb 25, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Sorry Mark Cuban, we really aren’t just running this video to rub it in. Well, that’s not the only reason.
Kobe Bryant was in vintage mode on Sunday and the Mavericks paid the price. He dropped 38 by both attacking the rim and hitting ridiculous contested threes. He made O.J. Mayo look bad at moments, then even when Mayo does everything right drains the shot anyway. When he is on there is no defense.
The Lakers are going to need a few more of these games from Kobe if they are going to make the playoffs. The Lakers can’t have many off nights, Houston and Utah will not be easy to catch, and on the nights when the rest of the team takes a mental vacation it will be up to Kobe to pull them through. He did in this one and did it in classic style.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3