Feb 25, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Sorry Mark Cuban, we really aren’t just running this video to rub it in. Well, that’s not the only reason.
Kobe Bryant was in vintage mode on Sunday and the Mavericks paid the price. He dropped 38 by both attacking the rim and hitting ridiculous contested threes. He made O.J. Mayo look bad at moments, then even when Mayo does everything right drains the shot anyway. When he is on there is no defense.
The Lakers are going to need a few more of these games from Kobe if they are going to make the playoffs. The Lakers can’t have many off nights, Houston and Utah will not be easy to catch, and on the nights when the rest of the team takes a mental vacation it will be up to Kobe to pull them through. He did in this one and did it in classic style.
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 1
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36