Feb 25, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
You can’t nickname yourself. Only Kobe Bryant did it and frankly that should not be allowed to stand, it’s just too late to stop it.
“It’s ‘WOW,’ Way of Wade,” James said, referring to the slogan for Wade’s Li-Ning shoes. “I think it’s corny.”
For a long time Wade was “Flash” but that stopped a couple years ago because, well, he’s not that flash anymore. He picks his spots.
And Wade loves his new nickname.
“I’m taking it global!” he shouted.
There is a good chance that this is the only time you will see Wade’s WOW nickname on this blog not used in a mocking fashion.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 0
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 1
- Why shot-location defense matters 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 6
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 13