Feb 25, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
You can’t nickname yourself. Only Kobe Bryant did it and frankly that should not be allowed to stand, it’s just too late to stop it.
“It’s ‘WOW,’ Way of Wade,” James said, referring to the slogan for Wade’s Li-Ning shoes. “I think it’s corny.”
For a long time Wade was “Flash” but that stopped a couple years ago because, well, he’s not that flash anymore. He picks his spots.
And Wade loves his new nickname.
“I’m taking it global!” he shouted.
There is a good chance that this is the only time you will see Wade’s WOW nickname on this blog not used in a mocking fashion.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 44
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31