Feb 25, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
You can’t nickname yourself. Only Kobe Bryant did it and frankly that should not be allowed to stand, it’s just too late to stop it.
“It’s ‘WOW,’ Way of Wade,” James said, referring to the slogan for Wade’s Li-Ning shoes. “I think it’s corny.”
For a long time Wade was “Flash” but that stopped a couple years ago because, well, he’s not that flash anymore. He picks his spots.
And Wade loves his new nickname.
“I’m taking it global!” he shouted.
There is a good chance that this is the only time you will see Wade’s WOW nickname on this blog not used in a mocking fashion.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16