Feb 25, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
You can’t nickname yourself. Only Kobe Bryant did it and frankly that should not be allowed to stand, it’s just too late to stop it.
“It’s ‘WOW,’ Way of Wade,” James said, referring to the slogan for Wade’s Li-Ning shoes. “I think it’s corny.”
For a long time Wade was “Flash” but that stopped a couple years ago because, well, he’s not that flash anymore. He picks his spots.
And Wade loves his new nickname.
“I’m taking it global!” he shouted.
There is a good chance that this is the only time you will see Wade’s WOW nickname on this blog not used in a mocking fashion.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19