Feb 25, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
You can’t nickname yourself. Only Kobe Bryant did it and frankly that should not be allowed to stand, it’s just too late to stop it.
“It’s ‘WOW,’ Way of Wade,” James said, referring to the slogan for Wade’s Li-Ning shoes. “I think it’s corny.”
For a long time Wade was “Flash” but that stopped a couple years ago because, well, he’s not that flash anymore. He picks his spots.
And Wade loves his new nickname.
“I’m taking it global!” he shouted.
There is a good chance that this is the only time you will see Wade’s WOW nickname on this blog not used in a mocking fashion.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3