Feb 25, 2013, 1:10 AM EST
I don’t think what Mark Cuban said was meant as an insult to Kobe Bryant. But Kobe uses everything for fuel — the security guard doesn’t wave to him on his way into the arena and he gets pissed and drops 40 — so you kind of knew what was coming if you were Dallas. Just be glad it wasn’t 62 points in three quarters.
Third Star: Jarrett Jack (23 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds)
Good teams win ugly and that’s what the Warriors did Sunday. But they wouldn’t have had a chance without another big game from Jack — this is three straight 20 -point games for him. He had 11 points in the first quarter kept the Warriors within reach and in the fourth quarter had five points and 4 dimes. Jack needs to be in the sixth man of the year conversation.
Second Star: Dwyane Wade (24 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds)
Early in the season everyone said he had lost a step. But veteran players get smart about when they can and should turn it on over the course of the long season. And with the Heat behind in the fourth quarter Sunday Wade turned it on — 15 points in the fourth quarter. Miami has 11 wins in a row and that streak is alive because Wade hasn’t lost much if anything.
First Star: Kobe Bryant (38 points, 12 rebounds, 7 assists)
Don’t make Kobe angry, you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry. This was a vintage Kobe performance where some of the shots were ones that make coaches everywhere cringe — and he knocks them down. The Lakers are playing much better lately but this is why you want to have a Kobe on your team — there are nights you need a guy to put you over the top. That’s what Kobe did. Amnesty That.
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 2
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 5
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 7
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 11
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39