Feb 25, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Because the Bulls haven’t had enough injury issues this season…
Sixth man and defensive stopper off the bench Taj Gibson could miss a couple of weeks with a sprained knee, reports the Chicago Tribune.
He likely will be out for a couple of weeks. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of their blowout loss to the Thunder Sunday night. He tried to play through it for a bit but got an MRI on Monday that confirmed the sprain (but nothing worse).
The Bulls are already without Derrick Rose (he’s been out all season) and Kirk Hinrich (missed 10 of last 11 and is not due back all that soon). The Bulls have been without Joakim Noah for stretches and pretty much everyone but Tom Thibodeau.
Still they are 31-25, the six seed in the East and coming off one of the toughest stretches of their schedule. There is a sense in Chicago that if they could just get healthy, that if they could just get even 80 percent of Derrick Rose back, that maybe they could make a run in the playoffs.
But in the short term, they will have to find a way to keep winning without another key part of the rotation.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 7
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 35
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars