Feb 25, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Because the Bulls haven’t had enough injury issues this season…
Sixth man and defensive stopper off the bench Taj Gibson could miss a couple of weeks with a sprained knee, reports the Chicago Tribune.
He likely will be out for a couple of weeks. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of their blowout loss to the Thunder Sunday night. He tried to play through it for a bit but got an MRI on Monday that confirmed the sprain (but nothing worse).
The Bulls are already without Derrick Rose (he’s been out all season) and Kirk Hinrich (missed 10 of last 11 and is not due back all that soon). The Bulls have been without Joakim Noah for stretches and pretty much everyone but Tom Thibodeau.
Still they are 31-25, the six seed in the East and coming off one of the toughest stretches of their schedule. There is a sense in Chicago that if they could just get healthy, that if they could just get even 80 percent of Derrick Rose back, that maybe they could make a run in the playoffs.
But in the short term, they will have to find a way to keep winning without another key part of the rotation.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54