Feb 25, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Because the Bulls haven’t had enough injury issues this season…
Sixth man and defensive stopper off the bench Taj Gibson could miss a couple of weeks with a sprained knee, reports the Chicago Tribune.
He likely will be out for a couple of weeks. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of their blowout loss to the Thunder Sunday night. He tried to play through it for a bit but got an MRI on Monday that confirmed the sprain (but nothing worse).
The Bulls are already without Derrick Rose (he’s been out all season) and Kirk Hinrich (missed 10 of last 11 and is not due back all that soon). The Bulls have been without Joakim Noah for stretches and pretty much everyone but Tom Thibodeau.
Still they are 31-25, the six seed in the East and coming off one of the toughest stretches of their schedule. There is a sense in Chicago that if they could just get healthy, that if they could just get even 80 percent of Derrick Rose back, that maybe they could make a run in the playoffs.
But in the short term, they will have to find a way to keep winning without another key part of the rotation.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19