Feb 25, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Because the Bulls haven’t had enough injury issues this season…
Sixth man and defensive stopper off the bench Taj Gibson could miss a couple of weeks with a sprained knee, reports the Chicago Tribune.
He likely will be out for a couple of weeks. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of their blowout loss to the Thunder Sunday night. He tried to play through it for a bit but got an MRI on Monday that confirmed the sprain (but nothing worse).
The Bulls are already without Derrick Rose (he’s been out all season) and Kirk Hinrich (missed 10 of last 11 and is not due back all that soon). The Bulls have been without Joakim Noah for stretches and pretty much everyone but Tom Thibodeau.
Still they are 31-25, the six seed in the East and coming off one of the toughest stretches of their schedule. There is a sense in Chicago that if they could just get healthy, that if they could just get even 80 percent of Derrick Rose back, that maybe they could make a run in the playoffs.
But in the short term, they will have to find a way to keep winning without another key part of the rotation.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 0
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 34
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 37
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69