Feb 25, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Because the Bulls haven’t had enough injury issues this season…
Sixth man and defensive stopper off the bench Taj Gibson could miss a couple of weeks with a sprained knee, reports the Chicago Tribune.
He likely will be out for a couple of weeks. He suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of their blowout loss to the Thunder Sunday night. He tried to play through it for a bit but got an MRI on Monday that confirmed the sprain (but nothing worse).
The Bulls are already without Derrick Rose (he’s been out all season) and Kirk Hinrich (missed 10 of last 11 and is not due back all that soon). The Bulls have been without Joakim Noah for stretches and pretty much everyone but Tom Thibodeau.
Still they are 31-25, the six seed in the East and coming off one of the toughest stretches of their schedule. There is a sense in Chicago that if they could just get healthy, that if they could just get even 80 percent of Derrick Rose back, that maybe they could make a run in the playoffs.
But in the short term, they will have to find a way to keep winning without another key part of the rotation.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10