Feb 25, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than old critics like slamming Seth McFarlane.
• Former NBA player Robert Swift had his home foreclosed, now he is just squatting there and refusing to leave.
• Former Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley suffered a stroke recently after being at the NBA All-Star Game. We wish him the best.
• Raptors fans have taken to booing Andrea Bargnani. Who should be blamed for that? Try Andrea Bargnani.
• LeBron James and Kobe Bryant today are not surprisingly your Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week. LeBron averaged 23.5 points, 9.3 assists 7.8 rebounds and 2.25 steals a game for the Heat’s four games (all wins) last week. The Lakers also were undefeated also were undefeated last week and Kobe averaged 31.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 6 assists a game.
• How well is LeBron playing. Watch him make a one-handed, left-handed three-point bank shots just for fun.
• Markieff Morris talks about getting to play with his brother now in Phoenix. It’s Jayhawk West.
• According to another report, the Sixers are still considering signing Chris Smith, J.R.’s brother. This seems a long shot.
• Playboy founder (and playboy) Hugh Hefner talks about his friend the late Lakers owner Jerry Buss.
• The Suns have cut loose Luke Zeller.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:19 AM EDT
Sacramento had made a big push but again missed out on their target.
Jul 2, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Martin had hoped to return full-time last season, but the opportunity never materialized.
Jul 2, 2015, 10:34 PM EDT
Sacramento needs to overpay much more than that to lure free agents.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:22 PM EDT
Lopez is solid, and New York and L.A. need talent after striking out with the big names thus far.
Report: Damian Lillard planning L.A. visit to try to convince LaMarcus Aldridge to re-sign with Blazers
Jul 2, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Interesting wrinkle to the Aldridge free agency saga.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:07 PM EDT
The Wizards will only give up a future second-rounder.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Butler just signed a five-year deal to stay in Chicago.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Toronto makes the list with DeMarre Carroll.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Report: Mavericks and Pacers will discuss Monta Ellis/Roy Hibbert sign-and-trade if Mavs don’t get DeAndre Jordan
Jul 2, 2015, 5:24 PM EDT
The Pacers have been shopping Hibbert for a while.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:38 PM EDT
Aldridge doesn’t want to play center.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
It would take an unlikely sign-and-trade to make it happen.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:26 PM EDT
They want to “get it right.”
Jul 2, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Also, who got overpaid so far?
Jul 2, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Phoenix is clearing cap space to land LaMarcus Aldridge.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Thompson and Cleveland were reportedly nearing $80 million-plus deal yesterday
Jul 2, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT
More writing on the wall of LaMarcus Aldridge’s exit
Jul 2, 2015, 2:06 PM EDT
Now, can the Spurs get LaMarcus Aldridge to complement him?
Jul 2, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Baynes will reportedly get three-year deal with player option
Jul 2, 2015, 1:23 PM EDT
Indiana shouldn’t feel good about this, even if it was their best option at this point
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10