Feb 25, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Why do we need stars in the All-Star Dunk Contest? Because they can do things like that.
You need to get ahead to about the 35 second mark of this video (although Mario Chalmers has a quality dunk earlier) to see LeBron James go between his legs, throw an alley-oop pass off the backboard to himself then throw that down one handed. With power.
Just as a reminder, there is no chance whatsoever that LeBron does the dunk contest. None. Will not happen. He really has nothing to gain. But if you have tickets to a Heat game coming up, get there early. It’s a show.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18