Feb 25, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Why do we need stars in the All-Star Dunk Contest? Because they can do things like that.
You need to get ahead to about the 35 second mark of this video (although Mario Chalmers has a quality dunk earlier) to see LeBron James go between his legs, throw an alley-oop pass off the backboard to himself then throw that down one handed. With power.
Just as a reminder, there is no chance whatsoever that LeBron does the dunk contest. None. Will not happen. He really has nothing to gain. But if you have tickets to a Heat game coming up, get there early. It’s a show.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28