Feb 25, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
Why do we need stars in the All-Star Dunk Contest? Because they can do things like that.
You need to get ahead to about the 35 second mark of this video (although Mario Chalmers has a quality dunk earlier) to see LeBron James go between his legs, throw an alley-oop pass off the backboard to himself then throw that down one handed. With power.
Just as a reminder, there is no chance whatsoever that LeBron does the dunk contest. None. Will not happen. He really has nothing to gain. But if you have tickets to a Heat game coming up, get there early. It’s a show.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10