Feb 25, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
Why do we need stars in the All-Star Dunk Contest? Because they can do things like that.
You need to get ahead to about the 35 second mark of this video (although Mario Chalmers has a quality dunk earlier) to see LeBron James go between his legs, throw an alley-oop pass off the backboard to himself then throw that down one handed. With power.
Just as a reminder, there is no chance whatsoever that LeBron does the dunk contest. None. Will not happen. He really has nothing to gain. But if you have tickets to a Heat game coming up, get there early. It’s a show.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)