Feb 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Spurs have been winning games all season long without various players in the lineup, and Sunday in Phoenix they’ll try to do it again, this time with Tony Parker sidelined due to a triceps injury.
Parker initially suffered the injury during the Spurs’ blowout win over the Clippers on Thursday, reports Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News. Parker was masterful in that one, scoring 31 points and dishing out seven assists in 28 minutes of action.
During the Spurs’ overtime loss to the Warriors on Friday, Parker played 40 minutes, but managed just 18 points on 7-18 shooting, and failed to score in either the fourth quarter or the overtime session.
Nando de Colo is likely to get the start, just as he did the last time Parker sat out back on Feb. 11 in San Antonio’s win over the Bulls.
Even with Parker out of the lineup, the Spurs remain heavy favorites to crush a reeling Suns team.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 0
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10