Feb 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
The Spurs have been winning games all season long without various players in the lineup, and Sunday in Phoenix they’ll try to do it again, this time with Tony Parker sidelined due to a triceps injury.
Parker initially suffered the injury during the Spurs’ blowout win over the Clippers on Thursday, reports Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News. Parker was masterful in that one, scoring 31 points and dishing out seven assists in 28 minutes of action.
During the Spurs’ overtime loss to the Warriors on Friday, Parker played 40 minutes, but managed just 18 points on 7-18 shooting, and failed to score in either the fourth quarter or the overtime session.
Nando de Colo is likely to get the start, just as he did the last time Parker sat out back on Feb. 11 in San Antonio’s win over the Bulls.
Even with Parker out of the lineup, the Spurs remain heavy favorites to crush a reeling Suns team.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10