Feb 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Spurs have been winning games all season long without various players in the lineup, and Sunday in Phoenix they’ll try to do it again, this time with Tony Parker sidelined due to a triceps injury.
Parker initially suffered the injury during the Spurs’ blowout win over the Clippers on Thursday, reports Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News. Parker was masterful in that one, scoring 31 points and dishing out seven assists in 28 minutes of action.
During the Spurs’ overtime loss to the Warriors on Friday, Parker played 40 minutes, but managed just 18 points on 7-18 shooting, and failed to score in either the fourth quarter or the overtime session.
Nando de Colo is likely to get the start, just as he did the last time Parker sat out back on Feb. 11 in San Antonio’s win over the Bulls.
Even with Parker out of the lineup, the Spurs remain heavy favorites to crush a reeling Suns team.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 15
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 19
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury