Feb 24, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Spurs have been winning games all season long without various players in the lineup, and Sunday in Phoenix they’ll try to do it again, this time with Tony Parker sidelined due to a triceps injury.
Parker initially suffered the injury during the Spurs’ blowout win over the Clippers on Thursday, reports Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News. Parker was masterful in that one, scoring 31 points and dishing out seven assists in 28 minutes of action.
During the Spurs’ overtime loss to the Warriors on Friday, Parker played 40 minutes, but managed just 18 points on 7-18 shooting, and failed to score in either the fourth quarter or the overtime session.
Nando de Colo is likely to get the start, just as he did the last time Parker sat out back on Feb. 11 in San Antonio’s win over the Bulls.
Even with Parker out of the lineup, the Spurs remain heavy favorites to crush a reeling Suns team.
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 0
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1