Feb 24, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
We were a little concerned Saturday night when forward Omri Casspi missed the game with notes he was taken to the hospital for stomach issues.
Turns out he needed his appendix removed and had surgery Saturday, reports the Associated Press. He will be re-evaluated on Sunday but is going to miss some times.
That’s not really a loss for the Cavs, Casspi is out of the Cavaliers rotation and hasn’t set foot on the court in the team’s last six games. He is averaging 4.0 points and 2.2 rebounds per game this season.
Still, we wish him a speedy recovery. That can’t be fun.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 14