Feb 24, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
We were a little concerned Saturday night when forward Omri Casspi missed the game with notes he was taken to the hospital for stomach issues.
Turns out he needed his appendix removed and had surgery Saturday, reports the Associated Press. He will be re-evaluated on Sunday but is going to miss some times.
That’s not really a loss for the Cavs, Casspi is out of the Cavaliers rotation and hasn’t set foot on the court in the team’s last six games. He is averaging 4.0 points and 2.2 rebounds per game this season.
Still, we wish him a speedy recovery. That can’t be fun.
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 1
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 79
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11