Feb 24, 2013, 2:26 PM EST
We were a little concerned Saturday night when forward Omri Casspi missed the game with notes he was taken to the hospital for stomach issues.
Turns out he needed his appendix removed and had surgery Saturday, reports the Associated Press. He will be re-evaluated on Sunday but is going to miss some times.
That’s not really a loss for the Cavs, Casspi is out of the Cavaliers rotation and hasn’t set foot on the court in the team’s last six games. He is averaging 4.0 points and 2.2 rebounds per game this season.
Still, we wish him a speedy recovery. That can’t be fun.
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 4
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 7
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)