Feb 24, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
We were a little concerned Saturday night when forward Omri Casspi missed the game with notes he was taken to the hospital for stomach issues.
Turns out he needed his appendix removed and had surgery Saturday, reports the Associated Press. He will be re-evaluated on Sunday but is going to miss some times.
That’s not really a loss for the Cavs, Casspi is out of the Cavaliers rotation and hasn’t set foot on the court in the team’s last six games. He is averaging 4.0 points and 2.2 rebounds per game this season.
Still, we wish him a speedy recovery. That can’t be fun.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte