Feb 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
More and more it looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will sign Greg Oden to a contract this summer and see if he can make a comeback next fall.
There’s a ways to go here, and with Oden’s history of knee issues — he’s 24 and had three microfracture surgeries — there’s a lot that could change, but things seem to be pointing that way. Oden will sign when he’s ready this summer, but it appears the Cavaliers have at least gotten a look at what he can do so far. So tweets Bob Finnan of the News-Herald.
He’s had a long history of problems, but if he can bounce back to the point of just giving a team 15 minutes a night off the bench of quality big man play that would be good for the team and huge for him.
I want this to work out. I want to say I’m optimistic that it will, but I’ll just say I want this to work out.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30