Feb 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
More and more it looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will sign Greg Oden to a contract this summer and see if he can make a comeback next fall.
There’s a ways to go here, and with Oden’s history of knee issues — he’s 24 and had three microfracture surgeries — there’s a lot that could change, but things seem to be pointing that way. Oden will sign when he’s ready this summer, but it appears the Cavaliers have at least gotten a look at what he can do so far. So tweets Bob Finnan of the News-Herald.
He’s had a long history of problems, but if he can bounce back to the point of just giving a team 15 minutes a night off the bench of quality big man play that would be good for the team and huge for him.
I want this to work out. I want to say I’m optimistic that it will, but I’ll just say I want this to work out.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6