Feb 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
More and more it looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will sign Greg Oden to a contract this summer and see if he can make a comeback next fall.
There’s a ways to go here, and with Oden’s history of knee issues — he’s 24 and had three microfracture surgeries — there’s a lot that could change, but things seem to be pointing that way. Oden will sign when he’s ready this summer, but it appears the Cavaliers have at least gotten a look at what he can do so far. So tweets Bob Finnan of the News-Herald.
Cavs still kicking the tires on Greg Oden, GM Chris Grant said. They've had him in to Cleveland a couple times.—
Bob Finnan (@BobCavsinsider) February 21, 2013
He’s had a long history of problems, but if he can bounce back to the point of just giving a team 15 minutes a night off the bench of quality big man play that would be good for the team and huge for him.
I want this to work out. I want to say I’m optimistic that it will, but I’ll just say I want this to work out.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17