Feb 22, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
More and more it looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will sign Greg Oden to a contract this summer and see if he can make a comeback next fall.
There’s a ways to go here, and with Oden’s history of knee issues — he’s 24 and had three microfracture surgeries — there’s a lot that could change, but things seem to be pointing that way. Oden will sign when he’s ready this summer, but it appears the Cavaliers have at least gotten a look at what he can do so far. So tweets Bob Finnan of the News-Herald.
He’s had a long history of problems, but if he can bounce back to the point of just giving a team 15 minutes a night off the bench of quality big man play that would be good for the team and huge for him.
I want this to work out. I want to say I’m optimistic that it will, but I’ll just say I want this to work out.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8