Feb 22, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Derrick Rose’s brother’s comments was fuel for a conspiracy theory in Chicago — some people think he hasn’t returned to the Bulls lineup yet not because he isn’t physically ready but because he doesn’t want to risk his career for what he sees as inferior lineup.
The first spark was Rose himself saying he didn’t want to come back until he was “110 percent.” Then yesterday Reggie Rose, Derrick’s brother and manager, said, “It’s frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him.”
Derrick Rose himself wants no part of this talk. Rose released this statement:
“I have always felt that the Bulls organization’s goals have been the same as mine and that is to bring another championship to this city.”
Rose is back in practice, going full out, taking contact and playing in five-on-five full court scrimmages.
But Tom Thibodeau said Thursday that was not enough for Rose to just jump back on the court. From the Chicago Tribune’s K.C. Johnson.
For the record, even Reggie Rose has said there is no way Rose will sit out this entire season. But Rose and the Bulls should be cautious here because it’s not really about games in February, or frankly even these coming playoffs. It’s about the next three years. It’s about his career as a Bull. It’s about the big picture and you to risk that rushing back for some regular season games.
- Report: Paul Pierce to sign two-year deal to join Wizards 47
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 39
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 53
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 39
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 36
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40