Feb 22, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Derrick Rose’s brother’s comments was fuel for a conspiracy theory in Chicago — some people think he hasn’t returned to the Bulls lineup yet not because he isn’t physically ready but because he doesn’t want to risk his career for what he sees as inferior lineup.
The first spark was Rose himself saying he didn’t want to come back until he was “110 percent.” Then yesterday Reggie Rose, Derrick’s brother and manager, said, “It’s frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him.”
Derrick Rose himself wants no part of this talk. Rose released this statement:
“I have always felt that the Bulls organization’s goals have been the same as mine and that is to bring another championship to this city.”
Rose is back in practice, going full out, taking contact and playing in five-on-five full court scrimmages.
But Tom Thibodeau said Thursday that was not enough for Rose to just jump back on the court. From the Chicago Tribune’s K.C. Johnson.
For the record, even Reggie Rose has said there is no way Rose will sit out this entire season. But Rose and the Bulls should be cautious here because it’s not really about games in February, or frankly even these coming playoffs. It’s about the next three years. It’s about his career as a Bull. It’s about the big picture and you to risk that rushing back for some regular season games.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 12
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 30
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24