Feb 22, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
Derrick Rose’s brother’s comments was fuel for a conspiracy theory in Chicago — some people think he hasn’t returned to the Bulls lineup yet not because he isn’t physically ready but because he doesn’t want to risk his career for what he sees as inferior lineup.
The first spark was Rose himself saying he didn’t want to come back until he was “110 percent.” Then yesterday Reggie Rose, Derrick’s brother and manager, said, “It’s frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him.”
Derrick Rose himself wants no part of this talk. Rose released this statement:
“I have always felt that the Bulls organization’s goals have been the same as mine and that is to bring another championship to this city.”
Rose is back in practice, going full out, taking contact and playing in five-on-five full court scrimmages.
But Tom Thibodeau said Thursday that was not enough for Rose to just jump back on the court. From the Chicago Tribune’s K.C. Johnson.
For the record, even Reggie Rose has said there is no way Rose will sit out this entire season. But Rose and the Bulls should be cautious here because it’s not really about games in February, or frankly even these coming playoffs. It’s about the next three years. It’s about his career as a Bull. It’s about the big picture and you to risk that rushing back for some regular season games.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40