Feb 21, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
The Suns are in a full-fledged rebuild, and have no need for serviceable reserve players who would take minutes over the team’s young talent that needs to develop.
Telfair has averaged 6.0 points and 2.5 assists in 17.3 minutes per game this season, but has only appeared in two of the Suns’ last nine games. His time in the rotation has instead been given to Kendall Marshall and Wesley Johnson to give them the opportunity to learn on the court by playing meaningful NBA minutes.
Haddadi ended up in Toronto as part of the Rudy Gay trade, and barely gets off the bench. He appeared in just 13 games in Memphis this season, averaging 1.2 points and 1.8 rebounds in 6.2 minutes per game. His contract could expire after this season, if a team option for 2013-14 in the neighborhood of $1.4 million is not exercised.
For the Suns, this was about getting any compensation possible for Telfair, who wasn’t going to play for them much the rest of the season anyway. The second round pick is plenty, and the Raptors get a decent point guard to back up Kyle Lowry as they try to make a late push to get into the postseason.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record