Feb 21, 2013, 2:38 PM EST
Kenyon Martin has been waiting for his chance. After a respectable season with the Clippers last year — 5.2 points and 4.3 rebounds a game — he wanted some mid-level money and multiple years at age 34.
It didn’t come. Nothing came. After a while not even one-year deals for the veteran minimum were available. The Clippers didn’t want back a guy who, let’s say, has the reputation of a disruption in the locker room.
But now a team is in conversations with Martin and he might go from the sidelines to a contender, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN.
This is not done. Once the trade deadline passes some players around the league will get bought out and the Heat are going to wait to see who else may be on the market. Also, the minutes are limited as Chris Andersen was already picked up by Miami and took minutes from Joel Anthony. But the Heat are looking at the playoffs and thinking they want some size on the bench.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:22 AM EST
Upshaw reportedly failed multiple drug tests at Washington and Fresno State
Jan 28, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He can do more than just shoot the rock.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
They like his veteran leadership on a young team.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:59 AM EST
The Warriors are just simply a fun team to watch play.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:03 AM EST
I’d take this Finals matchup.
Jan 28, 2015, 12:17 AM EST
Lucas also previously played for Memphis
Jan 27, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Hornets also reportedly had interest in Heat point guard
Jan 27, 2015, 10:51 PM EST
Buss would have turned 82 today
Jan 27, 2015, 10:09 PM EST
Heat blow lead to Bucks without star guard
Jan 27, 2015, 9:25 PM EST
Following Pistons basket, Cavaliers run awesome insta-fastbreak
Jan 27, 2015, 8:27 PM EST
One Clipper has a better chance than the other
Jan 27, 2015, 7:23 PM EST
The best news may be the return to the classic dunk contest format.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:50 PM EST
Barring any setbacks with hand injury
Jan 27, 2015, 5:59 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks, is there anything they can’t do?
Jan 27, 2015, 5:15 PM EST
My gaming experience suggests you talk a lot of trash to the guy next to you.
Jan 27, 2015, 4:29 PM EST
Not a huge shock coming from Barnes.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
It essentially uses increased jock tax revenue to pay off the bonds.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:40 PM EST
Shumpert dribbled it off his foot against the Thunder, then tweeted the clip.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
Players like a routine, a rhythm to games, and the Lakers are chaos theory.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
The East is so bad that the Pistons are still within reach.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6