Feb 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Danny Ainge seems to have a fascination with Tyreke Evans. He’s made some calls in the past but always got the door slammed in his face when he tried.
But the Kings seem to have cracked that door open and Ainge wants back in at the trade deadline, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Latest word out of Boston: Celtics making deadline-day run at player they've pursued before … Tyreke Evans—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) February 21, 2013
It’s hard to see how this works. Evans makes $5 million this year and to match the Celtics would have to give up Fab Melo, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, cash and pick and even then it may not be enough. No way they would move Courtney Lee in that deal, would they?
Talks are happening, but it’s a hard deal to pull off.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 28
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 47
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 12
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16