Feb 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Danny Ainge seems to have a fascination with Tyreke Evans. He’s made some calls in the past but always got the door slammed in his face when he tried.
But the Kings seem to have cracked that door open and Ainge wants back in at the trade deadline, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
It’s hard to see how this works. Evans makes $5 million this year and to match the Celtics would have to give up Fab Melo, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, cash and pick and even then it may not be enough. No way they would move Courtney Lee in that deal, would they?
Talks are happening, but it’s a hard deal to pull off.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9