Feb 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EST
Danny Ainge seems to have a fascination with Tyreke Evans. He’s made some calls in the past but always got the door slammed in his face when he tried.
But the Kings seem to have cracked that door open and Ainge wants back in at the trade deadline, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Latest word out of Boston: Celtics making deadline-day run at player they've pursued before … Tyreke Evans—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) February 21, 2013
It’s hard to see how this works. Evans makes $5 million this year and to match the Celtics would have to give up Fab Melo, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, cash and pick and even then it may not be enough. No way they would move Courtney Lee in that deal, would they?
Talks are happening, but it’s a hard deal to pull off.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 6
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 18
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 14
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)