Feb 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Danny Ainge seems to have a fascination with Tyreke Evans. He’s made some calls in the past but always got the door slammed in his face when he tried.
But the Kings seem to have cracked that door open and Ainge wants back in at the trade deadline, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Latest word out of Boston: Celtics making deadline-day run at player they've pursued before … Tyreke Evans—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) February 21, 2013
It’s hard to see how this works. Evans makes $5 million this year and to match the Celtics would have to give up Fab Melo, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, cash and pick and even then it may not be enough. No way they would move Courtney Lee in that deal, would they?
Talks are happening, but it’s a hard deal to pull off.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14