Feb 21, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Danny Ainge seems to have a fascination with Tyreke Evans. He’s made some calls in the past but always got the door slammed in his face when he tried.
But the Kings seem to have cracked that door open and Ainge wants back in at the trade deadline, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
Latest word out of Boston: Celtics making deadline-day run at player they've pursued before … Tyreke Evans—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) February 21, 2013
It’s hard to see how this works. Evans makes $5 million this year and to match the Celtics would have to give up Fab Melo, Jason Collins, Leandro Barbosa, cash and pick and even then it may not be enough. No way they would move Courtney Lee in that deal, would they?
Talks are happening, but it’s a hard deal to pull off.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 1
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 13
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 22
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29