Feb 21, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
You would think after all he bounced around before breaking out last season in New York, then having to go through a free agency decision process, Jeremy Lin would be used to the sometimes cruel business of the NBA.
“That was just pretty much the worst thing,” Jeremy Lin said. “It sucks because we’re a close-knit team and we actually really, really care about everybody that got shipped off and it was just really emotional for me
“To be honest, I was like ‘I don’t even want to play. I don’t even want to play tonight.’ It was really emotional. I wish them the best. It just sucks to see them go and I guess that’s a part of the business but that’s a tough part for me.”
He at least channeled that energy and scored 29 points as the Rockets upset the Thunder Wednesday night.
The Rockets won this trade — the Kings were dumping salary and the Rockets got Thomas Robinson, the talented No. 5 overall pick of the last draft. He’s struggled this season to find a role and figure out what he can and can’t make work at this level, but he’s a rookie. They struggle. In a couple years he likely figures it out at least enough to be a quality role player in this league and the Rockets get him on his cheep rookie deal for a few more years while he develops.
But sometimes we forget that these aren’t just fantasy league trades — guys’ livelihoods are impacted and families are asked to pack up and move in these deals. On a personal level it can be easy. But you have to go out and play
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)