Feb 21, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
You would think after all he bounced around before breaking out last season in New York, then having to go through a free agency decision process, Jeremy Lin would be used to the sometimes cruel business of the NBA.
“That was just pretty much the worst thing,” Jeremy Lin said. “It sucks because we’re a close-knit team and we actually really, really care about everybody that got shipped off and it was just really emotional for me
“To be honest, I was like ‘I don’t even want to play. I don’t even want to play tonight.’ It was really emotional. I wish them the best. It just sucks to see them go and I guess that’s a part of the business but that’s a tough part for me.”
He at least channeled that energy and scored 29 points as the Rockets upset the Thunder Wednesday night.
The Rockets won this trade — the Kings were dumping salary and the Rockets got Thomas Robinson, the talented No. 5 overall pick of the last draft. He’s struggled this season to find a role and figure out what he can and can’t make work at this level, but he’s a rookie. They struggle. In a couple years he likely figures it out at least enough to be a quality role player in this league and the Rockets get him on his cheep rookie deal for a few more years while he develops.
But sometimes we forget that these aren’t just fantasy league trades — guys’ livelihoods are impacted and families are asked to pack up and move in these deals. On a personal level it can be easy. But you have to go out and play
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 6
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5