Feb 21, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT
You would think after all he bounced around before breaking out last season in New York, then having to go through a free agency decision process, Jeremy Lin would be used to the sometimes cruel business of the NBA.
“That was just pretty much the worst thing,” Jeremy Lin said. “It sucks because we’re a close-knit team and we actually really, really care about everybody that got shipped off and it was just really emotional for me
“To be honest, I was like ‘I don’t even want to play. I don’t even want to play tonight.’ It was really emotional. I wish them the best. It just sucks to see them go and I guess that’s a part of the business but that’s a tough part for me.”
He at least channeled that energy and scored 29 points as the Rockets upset the Thunder Wednesday night.
The Rockets won this trade — the Kings were dumping salary and the Rockets got Thomas Robinson, the talented No. 5 overall pick of the last draft. He’s struggled this season to find a role and figure out what he can and can’t make work at this level, but he’s a rookie. They struggle. In a couple years he likely figures it out at least enough to be a quality role player in this league and the Rockets get him on his cheep rookie deal for a few more years while he develops.
But sometimes we forget that these aren’t just fantasy league trades — guys’ livelihoods are impacted and families are asked to pack up and move in these deals. On a personal level it can be easy. But you have to go out and play
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 18
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 66
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30