Feb 21, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
But a lot of what happened at the deadline was smaller deals that slid under the radar. Here is a quick wrap-up of those deals. If any of these impact your fantasy team, you’re doing it wrong.
• Probably the most recognizable name of the guys moved quietly at the deadline is Charlotte’s Hakim Warrick, who was traded straight up to Orlando, for Josh McRoberts. The Magic are expected to waive Warrick, he’s not really in their “build with youth” plan. That will make Warrick a free agent. Charlotte gets a bit younger but I’m not sure McRoberts gets a lot of burn there.
• Right at the deadline the Hawks traded Anthony Morrow to the Mavericks for Dahntay Jones. This was a swap of guys in the last years of their deals. Dallas gets a good shooter but a two guard and they already have O.J. Mayo and Vince Carter so it’s hard to see Morrow getting much time on the court, but Morrow is deadly at the corner three and Dallas loves those.
• Golden State was just a little over $1 million above the luxury tax line, and in the world of the new NBA repeater tax you should get under that line. So they did. The Warriors sent Jeremy Tyler to Atlanta and Charles Jenkins to Philadelphia, each for a second round pick.
• It wasn’t part of the original trade announcement, but you should know that Jason Collins is going from Boston to Washington as part of the Jordan Crawford deal. He will play behind Nene. Probably way behind Nene.
• Miami traded Dexter Pittman, who has spent most of the season in the D-League, to the Memphis Grizzlies, and has part of the deal the two teams will swap second round picks in 2013.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
These feel like Stephen Curry’s playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:28 AM EDT
Leonard was fantastic at both ends of the court.
Apr 25, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
The Wizards are moving on. That’s the Truth.
Apr 24, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Dwight Howard grabbed 26 rebounds, too.
Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Portland, down 0-2 to Memphis, needs all the help it can get.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
NBA continues its technological push.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Parker is going to finish his degree at Duke.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
The Warriors eventually won in overtime regardless.
Apr 24, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Looking past the first round to some of the more exciting later matchups to come.
Apr 24, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
The long-running rift continues.
Apr 24, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
He’s got to coach whoever they draft anyway, why not?
LeBron James on why Kevin Love gets criticized: ‘When you have a big three, they’ve got to find someone’
Apr 24, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
With Heat, it was Chris Bosh
Apr 24, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Aron Baynes doubtful
Apr 24, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Spurs assistant coach achieved incredible success in Europe
Apr 24, 2015, 1:55 PM EDT
Which is ridiculous
Apr 24, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Despite the chess match going on, guys still have to just hit their looks.
Apr 24, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Brave to admit the mistake, but still not inspiring
Apr 24, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
Johnson a borderline top-10 prospect
Apr 24, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
And I’m not just talking about allowing Stephen Curry’s game-tying 3-pointer
Apr 24, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
Is his scoring, size and athleticism worth the trouble? It won’t take long for an NBA team to say yes
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18