Feb 21, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
But a lot of what happened at the deadline was smaller deals that slid under the radar. Here is a quick wrap-up of those deals. If any of these impact your fantasy team, you’re doing it wrong.
• Probably the most recognizable name of the guys moved quietly at the deadline is Charlotte’s Hakim Warrick, who was traded straight up to Orlando, for Josh McRoberts. The Magic are expected to waive Warrick, he’s not really in their “build with youth” plan. That will make Warrick a free agent. Charlotte gets a bit younger but I’m not sure McRoberts gets a lot of burn there.
• Right at the deadline the Hawks traded Anthony Morrow to the Mavericks for Dahntay Jones. This was a swap of guys in the last years of their deals. Dallas gets a good shooter but a two guard and they already have O.J. Mayo and Vince Carter so it’s hard to see Morrow getting much time on the court, but Morrow is deadly at the corner three and Dallas loves those.
• Golden State was just a little over $1 million above the luxury tax line, and in the world of the new NBA repeater tax you should get under that line. So they did. The Warriors sent Jeremy Tyler to Atlanta and Charles Jenkins to Philadelphia, each for a second round pick.
• It wasn’t part of the original trade announcement, but you should know that Jason Collins is going from Boston to Washington as part of the Jordan Crawford deal. He will play behind Nene. Probably way behind Nene.
• Miami traded Dexter Pittman, who has spent most of the season in the D-League, to the Memphis Grizzlies, and has part of the deal the two teams will swap second round picks in 2013.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Damian Lillard also wanted Williams back in Portland
Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Magic Johnson takes parting shot at Mike D’Antoni
Aug 1, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Rumor had suggested Brewer could replace Kevin Martin or J.J. Barea in deal
Aug 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Chicago added Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott this summer
Aug 1, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
New York had only minimum contract available
Aug 1, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
If true, Corey Brewer would be a nice get for the Cavaliers.
Aug 1, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
It’s no Heat-Cavaliers, but it’ll do
Aug 1, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Parker’s max extension: three years, $43,335,938
Aug 1, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
Aug 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Wade is trying to drop pounds to make life easier on his knees. We’ll see how much that helps.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:25 PM EDT
That will go away in three months
Aug 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
“So when I say I felt disrespected, I just felt like the way I played the game of basketball wasn’t appreciated.” —Isaiah Thomas referring to Sacramento management.
Aug 1, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Why is the Pacers’ star choosing LeBron James’ team?
Report: Greg Monroe ‘doesn’t really have a great interest in going back and playing with the Pistons’
Aug 1, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
Pistons have reportedly talked sign-and-trade with Hawks, Suns and Blazers (but Portland is out)
Aug 1, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Finally, San Antonio basketball fans have a reason to be proud
Aug 1, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Kevin Durant has a couple nice ones.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Bidding starts at $35,000. Which we all have just lying around.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:35 AM EDT
“Nothing to see here. Move along.”
Aug 1, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Bosh was very close to leaving Miami in free agency,
Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver engage in three-point shooting contest at USA Basketball mini-camp (VIDEO)
Jul 31, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver engaged in a shooting contest at USA Basketball mini-camp in Vegas.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61