Feb 21, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
But a lot of what happened at the deadline was smaller deals that slid under the radar. Here is a quick wrap-up of those deals. If any of these impact your fantasy team, you’re doing it wrong.
• Probably the most recognizable name of the guys moved quietly at the deadline is Charlotte’s Hakim Warrick, who was traded straight up to Orlando, for Josh McRoberts. The Magic are expected to waive Warrick, he’s not really in their “build with youth” plan. That will make Warrick a free agent. Charlotte gets a bit younger but I’m not sure McRoberts gets a lot of burn there.
• Right at the deadline the Hawks traded Anthony Morrow to the Mavericks for Dahntay Jones. This was a swap of guys in the last years of their deals. Dallas gets a good shooter but a two guard and they already have O.J. Mayo and Vince Carter so it’s hard to see Morrow getting much time on the court, but Morrow is deadly at the corner three and Dallas loves those.
• Golden State was just a little over $1 million above the luxury tax line, and in the world of the new NBA repeater tax you should get under that line. So they did. The Warriors sent Jeremy Tyler to Atlanta and Charles Jenkins to Philadelphia, each for a second round pick.
• It wasn’t part of the original trade announcement, but you should know that Jason Collins is going from Boston to Washington as part of the Jordan Crawford deal. He will play behind Nene. Probably way behind Nene.
• Miami traded Dexter Pittman, who has spent most of the season in the D-League, to the Memphis Grizzlies, and has part of the deal the two teams will swap second round picks in 2013.
Mar 6, 2015, 12:53 AM EST
This hurts the Blazers guard depth.
LeBron James after receiving two flagrant fouls in his last three games: ‘Maybe I got to protect myself a little bit more’
Mar 6, 2015, 12:00 AM EST
James hints at retaliation.
Mar 5, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Pacers’ David West made the assertion after Denver fired head coach Brian Shaw.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:00 PM EST
Ibaka comes up with a massive rejection.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:00 PM EST
Gasol is too skilled.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
We all saw it at the time, but the league confirmed the missed call the next day.
Mar 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Hamilton was a piece in the Goran Dragic trade.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
Dragic has praise for the Suns organization.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
The NBA wants to raise it to 20.
Mar 5, 2015, 4:45 PM EST
Westbrook has had four consecutive triple-doubles.
Steve Kerr on MVP race: “If Daryl Morey wants to run his own one-man campaign for James Harden, he can do that”
Mar 5, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Kerr hasn’t been publicly lobbying for Curry.
Mar 5, 2015, 3:11 PM EST
Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball training experience, which featured workouts run by Tim Grover, Jerry Powell and Idan Ravin — who have trained guys like Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and LeBron James. Also includes performance reviews of Nike’s latest basketball shoes.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:31 PM EST
Dispute reportedly over terms of second season
Mar 5, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Sager will be on the sidelines for Thursday night’s Bulls-Thunder matchup.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
Bulls guard pledges money to school
Mar 5, 2015, 12:53 PM EST
Warriors guard shows up Bucks
Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Nine players have ended a day leading the NBA in points per game this season
Mar 5, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Suns wing might be NBA’s best dunker
Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 AM EST
Chris Paul frantically tries to get Jordan’s attention
Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 AM EST
Whiteside posts monster 18-25-4 in win over Lakers
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30