Feb 21, 2013, 5:28 PM EST
But a lot of what happened at the deadline was smaller deals that slid under the radar. Here is a quick wrap-up of those deals. If any of these impact your fantasy team, you’re doing it wrong.
• Probably the most recognizable name of the guys moved quietly at the deadline is Charlotte’s Hakim Warrick, who was traded straight up to Orlando, for Josh McRoberts. The Magic are expected to waive Warrick, he’s not really in their “build with youth” plan. That will make Warrick a free agent. Charlotte gets a bit younger but I’m not sure McRoberts gets a lot of burn there.
• Right at the deadline the Hawks traded Anthony Morrow to the Mavericks for Dahntay Jones. This was a swap of guys in the last years of their deals. Dallas gets a good shooter but a two guard and they already have O.J. Mayo and Vince Carter so it’s hard to see Morrow getting much time on the court, but Morrow is deadly at the corner three and Dallas loves those.
• Golden State was just a little over $1 million above the luxury tax line, and in the world of the new NBA repeater tax you should get under that line. So they did. The Warriors sent Jeremy Tyler to Atlanta and Charles Jenkins to Philadelphia, each for a second round pick.
• It wasn’t part of the original trade announcement, but you should know that Jason Collins is going from Boston to Washington as part of the Jordan Crawford deal. He will play behind Nene. Probably way behind Nene.
• Miami traded Dexter Pittman, who has spent most of the season in the D-League, to the Memphis Grizzlies, and has part of the deal the two teams will swap second round picks in 2013.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:37 AM EST
LeBron James and the Cavaliers were good, Chase Budinger had the flub.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Ish Smith will stay on the roster.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
If the Cavs can defend like that on a regular basis they will be far more dangerous.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Bulls, Pacers, Bucks, Pistons to Western Conference
Nov 26, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
He also talks Milwaukee, doing away with conferences.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
With Popovich out, Ettore Messina takes over Spurs
Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Maverick shows off long arms
Nov 26, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Harden shifts defensive-woes attention onto Knicks forward
Nov 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Haywoode Workman should have let it fly
Nov 26, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
You have to like that he wants to step up, but based on history, a lot of top point guards in the league just started drooling.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Don’t forget to be thankful for the Raptors, too.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
Nov 26, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Suns have three capable guards, and Thomas is the one coming off the bench.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Anthony was in severe pain after suffering back spasms on Monday against the Rockets.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Chandler didn’t fit the triangle but Rick Carlisle knew how to use him properly.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
West has been out since the preseason with an ankle injury.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Clark had his best NBA season with L.A. back in 2013.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Detroit has a fundamentally flawed roster.
Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets
Nov 26, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
Team originally said Rose left with hamstring tightness.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Lawson puts his elite ball handling on display.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13