Actors with toy guns bring real police, guns, to Metta World Peace’s door

Feb 21, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT

Los Angeles Lakers v Boston Celtics Getty Images

Only in Metta World’s Peace’s world can this happen.

World Peace has his own movie production company — What? This surprises you? — and his company was filming some scenes for a movie near his condominium building, reports the Los Angeles Times. The actors in this, with their fake guns, decide to go rehearse a scene down on the street in front of the condo building — a very busy street — with their guns. Then they decided to play with the guns in front of the valet stand of the condo building.

You can see where this is going, right?

Really, we need to let  World Peace tell the story as he did the Times.

“I’m in my underwear and my son says, ‘Hey dad, there’s police at the door,'” World Peace said in an interview with The Times after the Lakers beat the Boston Celtics on Wednesday evening. “So I jump out, I’m nervous. I see these police with rifles and scopes.

“I’m like, ‘What happened?’ I don’t know what’s going on at this point. ‘What happened, what happened?’ And then the police was like, ‘The building is being taken over by guys downstairs.'”

“At first when I seen the police, I was like, ‘What the hell is going on?” World Peace said. “I just got finished watching ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ or whatever that movie is. I’m like, ‘I’m dreaming, I’m dreaming. Is there a terrorist in the building? Do y’all need my help?'”

You have got to love the way his mind works, jumping from association to association like a 15-year-old.

Metta World Peace lives in Westwood, a wealthy and densely populated area of West Los Angeles near the UCLA campus. The police don’t really find playing with guns in a crowded area of L.A. amusing, it turns out.

So World Peace puts on his Cookie Monster pajamas — What? This surprises you? — and goes outside with the police. (And yes, we’re serious about the PJs.)

“Like 20 cops’ cars are outside, like 10 more police,” he said. “My brother had his hands behind his back and [there were] helicopters. The whole Wilshire [Blvd.] was shut down. The street shut down. No cars nowhere.”

World Peace said that once the police realized that the suspects were actors, and that their guns were BB guns, the mood lightened.

“The police was laughing,” he said. “It was funny but it was irresponsible on the actors’ part because you do the scene and that’s it. They didn’t understand that after you do the scene, you put the stuff away.”

Life in Metta World Peace’s world is not anything like yours.