Feb 20, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Today we have lots of smaller trade rumors and reports that we just haven’t put out there yet.
• First, for his 50th birthday, here is a Q&A with Charles Barkley.
• Great read on why the repeater tax is slowing down action as we move toward the trade deadline.
• The Raptors and Suns have had conversations about Sebastian Telfair heading north, tweets Chris Broussard of ESPN. That makes some sense for Toronto, who moved Jose Calderon already and could use a backup point guard.
• Kings coach Keith Smart is not with the team right now as he has gone to be with son, who suffered an injury playing basketball and required emergency surgery. We wish the Smart family nothing but the best.
• Fantastic interview with Smart about how he is using DeMarcus Cousins and
• One of the name high school recruits for the class of 2014, Josh Level, passed away on the court. Very sad story.
• A great and final recap of All-Star weekend from Lang Whittaker at GQ.
• The Boston Celtics have finally, and as expected, signed Terrence Williams to a 10-day contract.
• Former Knick Bill Walker has signed to play with the Austin Toros of the D-League.
• And finally, a great documentary at Grantland about basketball lifer Tom Konchalski.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
The Bulls blew out the Lakers on Christmas.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:31 PM EST
Wade was brilliant… for a half, anyway. But that was enough.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
Dec 25, 2014, 9:24 PM EST
Bryant misses his second straight game simply due to a need for rest.
Dec 25, 2014, 6:46 PM EST
With Kevin Durant out, Westbrook puts Oklahoma City on his back, elevates Steven Adams and helps produce 114-106 victory
Dec 25, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
Scott Brooks: Kevin Durant ‘could not go if he wanted to go’
Dec 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Washington was never threatened after the first quarter.
Dec 25, 2014, 2:46 PM EST
A multiple game suspension is following.
Dec 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Well, it’s a pretty easy goal to reach.
Dec 25, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Kevin Durant would not start as of right now, but expect that to change once he starts playing again.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Howard and Smith were AAU teammates.
PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed
Dec 25, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
These teams do not like each other.
Dec 25, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
And at No. 1… come on, isn’t it pretty obvious?
Dec 25, 2014, 2:13 AM EST
This will be his fourth game missed with a sprained ankle, they are 1-2 without him the last three.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The Wizards are an underrated team in the East. The Knicks… not so much.
Dec 24, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Previewing the Bulls vs. Lakers matchup at the United Center.
Dec 24, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Colorways inspired by shoes Michael Jordan wore during his best Christmas Day performance.
Spurs and Thunder, who’ve been best in the West lately, both fighting for position entering Christmas matchup
Dec 24, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Injuries to Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Kawhi Leonard have put both teams behind the eight ball
Dec 24, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
An additional confirmation that no Deron Williams deal gets done on Sacramento’s side unless they can also get the talented young big man as part of the package.
Dec 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Young says Lakers played liked ‘Django Unchained’ without Kobe Bryant
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24