Feb 20, 2013, 8:01 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points. Today we have lots of smaller trade rumors and reports that we just haven’t put out there yet.
• First, for his 50th birthday, here is a Q&A with Charles Barkley.
• Great read on why the repeater tax is slowing down action as we move toward the trade deadline.
• The Raptors and Suns have had conversations about Sebastian Telfair heading north, tweets Chris Broussard of ESPN. That makes some sense for Toronto, who moved Jose Calderon already and could use a backup point guard.
• Kings coach Keith Smart is not with the team right now as he has gone to be with son, who suffered an injury playing basketball and required emergency surgery. We wish the Smart family nothing but the best.
• Fantastic interview with Smart about how he is using DeMarcus Cousins and
• One of the name high school recruits for the class of 2014, Josh Level, passed away on the court. Very sad story.
• A great and final recap of All-Star weekend from Lang Whittaker at GQ.
• The Boston Celtics have finally, and as expected, signed Terrence Williams to a 10-day contract.
• Former Knick Bill Walker has signed to play with the Austin Toros of the D-League.
• And finally, a great documentary at Grantland about basketball lifer Tom Konchalski.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 1
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)