Feb 20, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Who is looking to pick up a 35-year-old player who is shooting the lowest percentage of his career this season and is due to make $15.3 million next season?
When you say the name Paul Pierce we think of the NBA finals MVP and Celtic icon. But GMs see the numbers above, see the increasing tax levels and repeater tax that are about to start to kick in and are balking at trade talks involving the veteran forward, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
I don’t want to see Pierce moved — I like it that some players spend their entire careers in one place. Tim Duncan is a Spur. Kobe Bryant a Laker. Pierce is a Celtic. Not a Sun or a Net or anything else. He’s a Celtics and it would be weird to type anything else.
In the end, I think the Celtics roster is going to add some depth on the fringes — maybe move Fab Melo or role players — then come back next season with a hopefully healthy Rajon Rondo, KG and Pierce and see if they have one more run in the last year of Pierce’s contract.
Because nobody else wants him and that deal right now.
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall (VIDEO) 3
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27