Feb 20, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
Who is looking to pick up a 35-year-old player who is shooting the lowest percentage of his career this season and is due to make $15.3 million next season?
When you say the name Paul Pierce we think of the NBA finals MVP and Celtic icon. But GMs see the numbers above, see the increasing tax levels and repeater tax that are about to start to kick in and are balking at trade talks involving the veteran forward, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
I don’t want to see Pierce moved — I like it that some players spend their entire careers in one place. Tim Duncan is a Spur. Kobe Bryant a Laker. Pierce is a Celtic. Not a Sun or a Net or anything else. He’s a Celtics and it would be weird to type anything else.
In the end, I think the Celtics roster is going to add some depth on the fringes — maybe move Fab Melo or role players — then come back next season with a hopefully healthy Rajon Rondo, KG and Pierce and see if they have one more run in the last year of Pierce’s contract.
Because nobody else wants him and that deal right now.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13