Feb 20, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
Fab Melo is the kind of project that a team like Boston can take on — they are a veteran team who can have a very athletic but raw guy at the end of the bench who barely plays, who can spend time in the D-League, who can be brought along slowly. Fans always fall in love with the potential but not the reality of projects like him.
General managers can’t. They have to deal with reality, and the reality in Boston is the team needs guards. Which leads to this tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
He’s not going to bring much, but Ainge certainly doesn’t keep anyone off the table in talks. Heck, he didn’t keep Kevin Garnett off the table and Garnett has a no-trade clause.
Nothing may come of this, but the Ainge is listening to everyone about everything apparently.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4