Feb 20, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
Fab Melo is the kind of project that a team like Boston can take on — they are a veteran team who can have a very athletic but raw guy at the end of the bench who barely plays, who can spend time in the D-League, who can be brought along slowly. Fans always fall in love with the potential but not the reality of projects like him.
General managers can’t. They have to deal with reality, and the reality in Boston is the team needs guards. Which leads to this tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
He’s not going to bring much, but Ainge certainly doesn’t keep anyone off the table in talks. Heck, he didn’t keep Kevin Garnett off the table and Garnett has a no-trade clause.
Nothing may come of this, but the Ainge is listening to everyone about everything apparently.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 50
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19