Feb 20, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
Fab Melo is the kind of project that a team like Boston can take on — they are a veteran team who can have a very athletic but raw guy at the end of the bench who barely plays, who can spend time in the D-League, who can be brought along slowly. Fans always fall in love with the potential but not the reality of projects like him.
General managers can’t. They have to deal with reality, and the reality in Boston is the team needs guards. Which leads to this tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
He’s not going to bring much, but Ainge certainly doesn’t keep anyone off the table in talks. Heck, he didn’t keep Kevin Garnett off the table and Garnett has a no-trade clause.
Nothing may come of this, but the Ainge is listening to everyone about everything apparently.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 30
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40