Feb 20, 2013, 2:46 PM EST
Fab Melo is the kind of project that a team like Boston can take on — they are a veteran team who can have a very athletic but raw guy at the end of the bench who barely plays, who can spend time in the D-League, who can be brought along slowly. Fans always fall in love with the potential but not the reality of projects like him.
General managers can’t. They have to deal with reality, and the reality in Boston is the team needs guards. Which leads to this tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
He’s not going to bring much, but Ainge certainly doesn’t keep anyone off the table in talks. Heck, he didn’t keep Kevin Garnett off the table and Garnett has a no-trade clause.
Nothing may come of this, but the Ainge is listening to everyone about everything apparently.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 4
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8