Feb 20, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
Fab Melo is the kind of project that a team like Boston can take on — they are a veteran team who can have a very athletic but raw guy at the end of the bench who barely plays, who can spend time in the D-League, who can be brought along slowly. Fans always fall in love with the potential but not the reality of projects like him.
General managers can’t. They have to deal with reality, and the reality in Boston is the team needs guards. Which leads to this tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
He’s not going to bring much, but Ainge certainly doesn’t keep anyone off the table in talks. Heck, he didn’t keep Kevin Garnett off the table and Garnett has a no-trade clause.
Nothing may come of this, but the Ainge is listening to everyone about everything apparently.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3