Feb 20, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
While he denies it, multiple reports suggest Brandon Jennings wants out of Milwaukee. His hiring of a new agent known for getting players to big markets adds fuel to that fire.
But the latest reports suggest the Bucks want to hold on to Jennings and are willing to ship his backcourt mate Monta Ellis out of town.
Yet amid all of those talks, sources say, Jennings has moved alongside Larry Sanders and John Henson on the Bucks’ list of near-untouchables. This is despite Jennings’ widely presumed desire to leave Milwaukee in free agency this summer after failing to seal a contract extension in October like fellow point guards Jrue Holiday, Stephen Curry and Ty Lawson and then changing agents earlier this month.
Of course, if you were going to try and trade a guy, this is what you’d leak. It’s all about the leverage.
Jennings is a restricted free agent this summer and the Bucks are likely to match any offer that isn’t floating well into the eight digits a year. The question with Jennings is how much are you willing to pay for potential? He is averaging 18.8 points a game, but is shooting less than 40 percent. He’s an above average point guard right now, but the question is how much are you willing to pay for potential?
One thing is clear, the Bucks are about to undergo some real shifts. One way or another.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5