Feb 20, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
If you’re in the Oklahoma City front office and you watched the Miami Heat toy with your team last Thursday night, it had to make your stomach turn a little. Get to a finals rematch and things may not be pretty.
Maybe you need to make a trade. Find a way to get some points in the paint, one of Miami’s known weaknesses. Which meant this report out of the Arizona Republic Wednesday morning made some sense.
Interesting. I like it if I’m OKC, Gortat is solid defensively and gives you a lot more offense (well, any offense would be an upgrade).
But the Suns would be stuck with Perkins and his two seasons, $18.5 million after this one. (Oklahoma City can amnesty Perkins this summer, the Suns could not.) Which is probably why we saw this tweet from John Gambadoro of KTAR sports talk radio in the Valley of the Sun.
The Suns, who are $6.4 million under the salary cap, will be active at the deadline and are having a lot of conversations.
But it’s interesting to see the Thunder are considering some shakeups to their roster outside of just moving Eric Maynor. I don’t expect a Thunder move, but we’ll be watching more closely now.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 8
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0