Feb 20, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
If you’re in the Oklahoma City front office and you watched the Miami Heat toy with your team last Thursday night, it had to make your stomach turn a little. Get to a finals rematch and things may not be pretty.
Maybe you need to make a trade. Find a way to get some points in the paint, one of Miami’s known weaknesses. Which meant this report out of the Arizona Republic Wednesday morning made some sense.
Interesting. I like it if I’m OKC, Gortat is solid defensively and gives you a lot more offense (well, any offense would be an upgrade).
But the Suns would be stuck with Perkins and his two seasons, $18.5 million after this one. (Oklahoma City can amnesty Perkins this summer, the Suns could not.) Which is probably why we saw this tweet from John Gambadoro of KTAR sports talk radio in the Valley of the Sun.
The Suns, who are $6.4 million under the salary cap, will be active at the deadline and are having a lot of conversations.
But it’s interesting to see the Thunder are considering some shakeups to their roster outside of just moving Eric Maynor. I don’t expect a Thunder move, but we’ll be watching more closely now.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28