Feb 20, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
If you’re in the Oklahoma City front office and you watched the Miami Heat toy with your team last Thursday night, it had to make your stomach turn a little. Get to a finals rematch and things may not be pretty.
Maybe you need to make a trade. Find a way to get some points in the paint, one of Miami’s known weaknesses. Which meant this report out of the Arizona Republic Wednesday morning made some sense.
Interesting. I like it if I’m OKC, Gortat is solid defensively and gives you a lot more offense (well, any offense would be an upgrade).
But the Suns would be stuck with Perkins and his two seasons, $18.5 million after this one. (Oklahoma City can amnesty Perkins this summer, the Suns could not.) Which is probably why we saw this tweet from John Gambadoro of KTAR sports talk radio in the Valley of the Sun.
The Suns, who are $6.4 million under the salary cap, will be active at the deadline and are having a lot of conversations.
But it’s interesting to see the Thunder are considering some shakeups to their roster outside of just moving Eric Maynor. I don’t expect a Thunder move, but we’ll be watching more closely now.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15