Feb 20, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
If you’re in the Oklahoma City front office and you watched the Miami Heat toy with your team last Thursday night, it had to make your stomach turn a little. Get to a finals rematch and things may not be pretty.
Maybe you need to make a trade. Find a way to get some points in the paint, one of Miami’s known weaknesses. Which meant this report out of the Arizona Republic Wednesday morning made some sense.
Interesting. I like it if I’m OKC, Gortat is solid defensively and gives you a lot more offense (well, any offense would be an upgrade).
But the Suns would be stuck with Perkins and his two seasons, $18.5 million after this one. (Oklahoma City can amnesty Perkins this summer, the Suns could not.) Which is probably why we saw this tweet from John Gambadoro of KTAR sports talk radio in the Valley of the Sun.
No truth to rumor of Gortat and Tucker to OKC for Perkins, Lamb and a first……not going to happen—
John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) February 20, 2013
The Suns, who are $6.4 million under the salary cap, will be active at the deadline and are having a lot of conversations.
But it’s interesting to see the Thunder are considering some shakeups to their roster outside of just moving Eric Maynor. I don’t expect a Thunder move, but we’ll be watching more closely now.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52