Feb 19, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• We open with Kevin Garnett doing yoga.
• Great stuff from before the break — 60 hours with the Clippers on the road. I really enjoyed the read.
• What are the odds the Lakers make the playoffs? Well, at Bovada, the odds are Yes: -150; No +110. Meaning the public is still mostly betting yes.
• Great story about how the Trail Blazers use advanced stats extensively (behind ESPN’s pay wall).
• After missing five games before the break with a quad injury, Andrei Kirilenko will play Wednesday for the Timberwolves vs. the 76ers.
• Here’s a list of the award winning NBA writing from the past year. Great to see personal favorites such as Kevin Arnovitz on there. Congratulations to all the winners.
• Craig Ehlo describes what it was like to guard Michael Jordan.
• Eventually the plan is to include fan voting for who should be in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. But not this year.
• And we end with Dr. J’s new Crown Royal ad.
Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season
Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Kobe may be in France but he still had time to tweet Lakers fans and tell them things will be better next season.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
He is as high on some boards as No. 1, but likely goes No. 3. However no freshman near the top of this board will have a bigger immediate impact in the NBA — his offensive game is NBA ready.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
This both has been expected and is mutual, according to the buzz around the league.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Hill previously reported to be a candidate for a job
Apr 17, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Pistons forward: ‘I’ve censored myself’
Apr 17, 2014, 10:11 AM EDT
Get ready for an intense playoff series
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Irving talks as if he wants to stay in Cleveland
Apr 17, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Clear out your calendar.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tight 1-2 race
Apr 17, 2014, 2:10 AM EDT
On the season Kevin Durant averaged 32 points, seven rebounds and five assists a game. Not too shabby.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Apr 16, 2014, 11:31 PM EDT
Kevin Durant was simply unstoppable with the game on the line against the Pistons.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The West is loaded with great series: Thunder vs. Grizzlies, Clippers vs. Warriors, Rockets vs. Blazers.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Vegas nailed the lines for season win totals for four NBA teams almost exactly.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT
The matchups aren’t all set, but this gives us an idea of who plays when as the playoffs open this weekend.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:48 PM EDT
Knicks make it official and announce they’ve signed Lamar Odom for the remainder of the season.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Durant and LeBron at the top of the MVP ballot is easy, it’s filling out spots 3-5 that is the challenge.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Kohl is going to pitch in $100 million to get a new arena built in Milwaukee.
Apr 16, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Teams will like his speed, but he’s destined for a second round pick.
Apr 16, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
While the Lakers end their dreary season Kobe Bryant is already on vacation.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 10
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 9
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 18