Feb 19, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• We open with Kevin Garnett doing yoga.
• Great stuff from before the break — 60 hours with the Clippers on the road. I really enjoyed the read.
• What are the odds the Lakers make the playoffs? Well, at Bovada, the odds are Yes: -150; No +110. Meaning the public is still mostly betting yes.
• Great story about how the Trail Blazers use advanced stats extensively (behind ESPN’s pay wall).
• After missing five games before the break with a quad injury, Andrei Kirilenko will play Wednesday for the Timberwolves vs. the 76ers.
• Here’s a list of the award winning NBA writing from the past year. Great to see personal favorites such as Kevin Arnovitz on there. Congratulations to all the winners.
• Craig Ehlo describes what it was like to guard Michael Jordan.
• Eventually the plan is to include fan voting for who should be in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. But not this year.
• And we end with Dr. J’s new Crown Royal ad.
Mar 11, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
The Andrew Bynum era is about to begin in Indiana. It’s really a subset of the Paul George/Roy Hibbert/David West era. And because it’s Bynum this era could be incredibly short. We’ve seen it before. While Bynum himself had said he planned to return Friday — in Philadelphia, where he will be poorly received after…
Mar 11, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Conflicts with yesterday’s prominent report
Mar 11, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
All the way to playoffs?
Mar 11, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
Also compares his phone to bell bottoms, which might be pretty ironic, but I’m not a fasion expert.
Mar 11, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Yannick Noah would rather do more of the Dikembe Mutombo finger wag
Mar 11, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
This seems like more than a coincidence.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Griffin should have gone for the full tear, though.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
“There’s no better preparation than going straight to the NBA… I think the NBA is the best teacher.”
Mar 11, 2014, 3:20 AM EDT
Blake Griffin is good at basketball. Also: Kyle Korver can still shoot.
Mar 11, 2014, 3:05 AM EDT
Los Angeles learned an important less on Monday — don’t let up against the Suns.
Mar 11, 2014, 1:18 AM EDT
“We got tangled up and went down and, you know,” Griffin said with a grin after the game.”Took a little forearm. But you know, it happens.”
Mar 11, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
This was not the one shot Griffin missed on Monday.
Mar 10, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Guard has been out since Jan. 10 surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
Mar 10, 2014, 10:03 PM EDT
Serious charge of fun challenge?
Mar 10, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Run, Phil, run
Mar 10, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
All the audio and video you need to enrich your NBA feud of the day.
Mar 10, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Does he mean Carmelo Anthony, Andrea Bargnani or J.R. Smith?
Mar 10, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
Phil Jackson seems destined for New York. I argue that’s a good thing… but only if Jackson has a Jedi mind trick that can keep James Dolan at bay.
Mar 10, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
Kansas’ Joel Embiid — potentially the top pick in the upcoming NBA Draft — has sought out a second opinion on his back injury. Just a reminder of why he should jump to the NBA rather than stay another year in college.
Mar 10, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
As if his season hasn’t been a big enough disappointment, Cleveland’s No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett will miss at least 10 games with a knee strain.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 0
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 3
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 5
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 15