Feb 19, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• We open with Kevin Garnett doing yoga.
• Great stuff from before the break — 60 hours with the Clippers on the road. I really enjoyed the read.
• What are the odds the Lakers make the playoffs? Well, at Bovada, the odds are Yes: -150; No +110. Meaning the public is still mostly betting yes.
• Great story about how the Trail Blazers use advanced stats extensively (behind ESPN’s pay wall).
• After missing five games before the break with a quad injury, Andrei Kirilenko will play Wednesday for the Timberwolves vs. the 76ers.
• Here’s a list of the award winning NBA writing from the past year. Great to see personal favorites such as Kevin Arnovitz on there. Congratulations to all the winners.
• Craig Ehlo describes what it was like to guard Michael Jordan.
• Eventually the plan is to include fan voting for who should be in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. But not this year.
• And we end with Dr. J’s new Crown Royal ad.
Dec 28, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Nice move by the Lakers, who pick up a promising big man prospect with an inexpensive non-guaranteed contract.
Dec 28, 2014, 4:29 PM EST
Knee injury suffered on Christmas Day will continue to keep Irving sidelined.
Dec 28, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Bryant has uncharacteristically sat out the previous three games simply to rest.
Dec 28, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
West shoved Garnett at the time, but was in a joking mood afterward.
Dec 28, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Cousins had it all working in this one.
Dec 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
It was a risky move by head coach David Blatt.
Dec 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Western Conference ends season with huge advantage, begins another right where it left off
Dec 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
He was an offensive force Saturday. Who knew?
Dec 28, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
The Magic still won the game.
Dec 27, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
Just like Lance… and you really shouldn’t imitate Lance.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
He’s done it twice in the last two games.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
A sports hernia kept him out of training camp and the rookie has never caught up with the learning curve.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Stephenson has missed the last four games.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Will the Lakers’ offense resort to stagnation?
Dec 27, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Anthony Davis has arrived.
Dec 27, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Stuckey says the trade robbed the locker room of accountability.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
LeBron James was in “chill mode” and this team is vulnerable when he is.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Hamstrings are tricky things.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
This option was always on the table for him, people around the NBA just never thought he’d choose it.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
He won’t be available until February or March, the Heat may not want to wait that long.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 7
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1