Feb 19, 2013, 7:11 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• We open with Kevin Garnett doing yoga.
• Great stuff from before the break — 60 hours with the Clippers on the road. I really enjoyed the read.
• What are the odds the Lakers make the playoffs? Well, at Bovada, the odds are Yes: -150; No +110. Meaning the public is still mostly betting yes.
• Great story about how the Trail Blazers use advanced stats extensively (behind ESPN’s pay wall).
• After missing five games before the break with a quad injury, Andrei Kirilenko will play Wednesday for the Timberwolves vs. the 76ers.
• Here’s a list of the award winning NBA writing from the past year. Great to see personal favorites such as Kevin Arnovitz on there. Congratulations to all the winners.
• Craig Ehlo describes what it was like to guard Michael Jordan.
• Eventually the plan is to include fan voting for who should be in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. But not this year.
• And we end with Dr. J’s new Crown Royal ad.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:36 PM EST
Sager will be on the sidelines for Thursday night’s Bulls-Thunder matchup.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:26 PM EST
Bulls guard pledges money to school
Mar 5, 2015, 12:53 PM EST
Warriors guard shows up Bucks
Mar 5, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Nine players have ended a day leading the NBA in points per game this season
Mar 5, 2015, 11:41 AM EST
Suns wing might be NBA’s best dunker
Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 AM EST
Chris Paul frantically tries to get Jordan’s attention
Mar 5, 2015, 10:28 AM EST
Whiteside posts monster 18-25-4 in win over Lakers
Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 AM EST
Center will reportedly receive two-year contract
Mar 5, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
At least one Spur appears to be peaking
Mar 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He got a flagrant one for this foul.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Jason Smith dancing
Mar 5, 2015, 2:47 AM EST
Westbrook is putting up Jordan numbers.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:10 AM EST
This after the Celtics just smacked the Timberwolves pretty good.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
Mar 4, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Marc Gasol is a beast.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:38 PM EST
Who was that masked man?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Why didn’t Utah have Rudy Gobert protecting rim?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
What penalty should Frazier receive?
Mar 4, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
Pacers are ganging up on Denver players
Mar 4, 2015, 7:53 PM EST
Sorry, Mark Cuban
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6