Feb 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
We told you, the big deals we love to talk about are not as likely to happen this year. There’s a lot of buzz about the Celtics but if you were around Kevin Garnett at all All-Star weekend you saw a guy adamant he is not waiving he no trade clause. The Lakers are not moving Dwight Howard and nobody is taking the injured Pau Gasol. The Clippers likely hold on to Eric Bledsoe. And so on and so on….
But there will be a lot of smaller deals as the deadline nears. Here is a Tuesday morning roundup of things you might be on the lookout for.
• The Thunder are shopping backup point guard Eric Maynor around, reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com. While he has struggled and been injured the past couple seasons he has potential and is a restricted free agent this summer — some team is going to offer more tan the Thunder are willing to pay for him. So they are trying to move him now.
• There have been multiple reports in recent days that the Timberwolves have been aggressive in trying to add a veteran or two to the roster.
• The Chicago Bulls are just over the luxury tax line and may trade to get under it for a year, especially with uncertainty as to when Derrick Rose returns, reports CBS’s Berger. This is that fear of the repeater tax again and they are putting Richard Hamilton on the block.
• If the Lakers are going to make a move it is likely a small one, and Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni would like it to be for Raja Bell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Not sure that happens, however.
• Golden State is about $1 million over the tax line. With a repeater tax kicking in starting next summer, look for them to make a small move to shed a little salary and get under the line, reports CBS’s Berger.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:18 PM EDT
Ujiri cusses at a playoff pep rally for the second straight year.
Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks
Apr 18, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Brewer has been a key member of the rotation for the two-seeded Rockets.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Every playoff series is predicted.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
How do you feel about a lot of hack-a-Jordan for six or seven games?
Apr 18, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
With most 2014 conference-finalists eliminated, Warriors are clear favorite
Apr 18, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
Their rivalry goes back until the Dwight Howard free agent recruitment. If not earlier.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
The winner in 7 games will be …
Apr 17, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Cuban also says of Houston: “that’s not a very good team over there.”
Apr 17, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Can Brooklyn win a game?
Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year
Apr 17, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Hibbert has a player option for $15.5 million next season.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Three PBT writers pick the Warrior to beat the Cavaliers in the Finals.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Wesley Matthews. Arron Afflalo. Nicolas Batum. C.J. McCollum. Chris Kaman. Mike Conley. Tony Allen. All injured.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Projection: 2016-17: $89 million; 2017-18: $108 million.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
I just think Doc Rivers the GM has tied the hands of Doc Rivers the coach too much — the Spurs versatility and depth gives Gregg Popovich more options.
Apr 17, 2015, 4:38 PM EDT
He is expected to make a full recovery.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
It’s great to see Anthony Davis on the playoff stage for the first time. Even if it doesn’t last long.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Jazz, Bulls, Spurs, Celtics lose
Apr 17, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Cavaliers in 5
Apr 17, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT
Warriors in 6
Apr 17, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
Four of five first-team spots are unanimous
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12