Feb 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
We told you, the big deals we love to talk about are not as likely to happen this year. There’s a lot of buzz about the Celtics but if you were around Kevin Garnett at all All-Star weekend you saw a guy adamant he is not waiving he no trade clause. The Lakers are not moving Dwight Howard and nobody is taking the injured Pau Gasol. The Clippers likely hold on to Eric Bledsoe. And so on and so on….
But there will be a lot of smaller deals as the deadline nears. Here is a Tuesday morning roundup of things you might be on the lookout for.
• The Thunder are shopping backup point guard Eric Maynor around, reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com. While he has struggled and been injured the past couple seasons he has potential and is a restricted free agent this summer — some team is going to offer more tan the Thunder are willing to pay for him. So they are trying to move him now.
• There have been multiple reports in recent days that the Timberwolves have been aggressive in trying to add a veteran or two to the roster.
• The Chicago Bulls are just over the luxury tax line and may trade to get under it for a year, especially with uncertainty as to when Derrick Rose returns, reports CBS’s Berger. This is that fear of the repeater tax again and they are putting Richard Hamilton on the block.
• If the Lakers are going to make a move it is likely a small one, and Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni would like it to be for Raja Bell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Not sure that happens, however.
• Golden State is about $1 million over the tax line. With a repeater tax kicking in starting next summer, look for them to make a small move to shed a little salary and get under the line, reports CBS’s Berger.
Sep 19, 2014, 12:47 PM EDT
Heat point guard one-ups Andre Drummond with trick shot
Sep 19, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Will he make Cleveland’s regular-season roster?
Sep 19, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Full recap from the launch event at Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon, including technical information, details on colorways, and confirmed release dates.
Sep 19, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Elbow injury would have kept him out of camp.
Sep 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Kyle Lowry and Co. return for another run
Sep 19, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Former Kings draft pick joins three other players competing to make Memphis’ roster
Sep 19, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Raduljica, after solid rookie year, leaves NBA sooner than he’d hoped.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Alfonso Ribeiro can still do that dance.
Sep 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
“Then it became a competition amongst guys and now you really got into it more and you started to really understand the clothes you put on your body.” —Dwyane Wade
Sep 19, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Saunders wants the rookie to earn it.
Sep 18, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Pietrus sat out all of last season.
Sep 18, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT
Looks like Bucks head coach Jason Kidd is serious about making Antetokounmpo into a point guard.
Sep 18, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
This will take some getting used to.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Sep 18, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Isn’t Harden the beard guru?
Sep 18, 2014, 5:51 PM EDT
I like the idea of calling him “scrappy feet” better.
Sep 18, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Chicago will likely start Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol
Sep 18, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Expect Rubio to be a restricted free agent next summer, and he may not enjoy that experience.
Sep 18, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Knicks star said nobody wants to play for Atlanta
Sep 18, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
After a year at point guard, Oladipo should thrive for Magic this season
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 5
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 9
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7