Feb 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
We told you, the big deals we love to talk about are not as likely to happen this year. There’s a lot of buzz about the Celtics but if you were around Kevin Garnett at all All-Star weekend you saw a guy adamant he is not waiving he no trade clause. The Lakers are not moving Dwight Howard and nobody is taking the injured Pau Gasol. The Clippers likely hold on to Eric Bledsoe. And so on and so on….
But there will be a lot of smaller deals as the deadline nears. Here is a Tuesday morning roundup of things you might be on the lookout for.
• The Thunder are shopping backup point guard Eric Maynor around, reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com. While he has struggled and been injured the past couple seasons he has potential and is a restricted free agent this summer — some team is going to offer more tan the Thunder are willing to pay for him. So they are trying to move him now.
• There have been multiple reports in recent days that the Timberwolves have been aggressive in trying to add a veteran or two to the roster.
• The Chicago Bulls are just over the luxury tax line and may trade to get under it for a year, especially with uncertainty as to when Derrick Rose returns, reports CBS’s Berger. This is that fear of the repeater tax again and they are putting Richard Hamilton on the block.
• If the Lakers are going to make a move it is likely a small one, and Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni would like it to be for Raja Bell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Not sure that happens, however.
• Golden State is about $1 million over the tax line. With a repeater tax kicking in starting next summer, look for them to make a small move to shed a little salary and get under the line, reports CBS’s Berger.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s far from guaranteed that they will use it.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
And it was probably the smartest possible play
Oct 24, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
76ers forwent any guaranteed salary to hit free agency sooner
Oct 24, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Bucks point guard Nate Wolters makes heads-up play
Oct 24, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Can’t say I ever pictured that.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
This is a minor trade, even in Sam Hinkie’s world.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
Clippers owner affirms reputation
Byron Scott says Lakers may need to trade for point guard. For now, Ronnie Price starts, Jeremy Lin off bench.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
Expect the Lakers to try and trade for a point guard… no, not Rajon Rondo.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Nash was everything we want as a fan in an NBA player.
Report: Tobias Harris won’t sign contract extension, would get Nike bonus by playing in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles
Oct 24, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Could forward leave the Magic in 2016?
Oct 24, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The NBA is full of talent, personality and suspense. During the offseason, It’s easy to forget how wonderful the league can be. So, I’ve assembled 67 Reasons I’m Excited For Next Season (67RIEFNS). They’ll be presented in no particular order. JaVale McGee played just five games last year after injuring his leg. How did we…
Oct 24, 2014, 2:18 PM EDT
Varejao the better choice, but Cleveland should be careful here
Oct 24, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Phil Jackson says the triangle is not rocket science.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
Pacers center filling huge role after last season’s great start, big collapse
Oct 24, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
Childress, who played for Pelicans last season, now playing (dirty) in Australia
Oct 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Are Heat stars too old to succeed without LeBron James?
Oct 24, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Paul Pierce, Otto Porter or Martell Webster – all intriguing for different reasons – could become Washington’s starting small forward
Oct 24, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Magic guard to have surgery Saturday
Oct 24, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
All hail the Brow.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Van Gundy downplayed the offense’s impact on a team’s success, and Jackson co-signs.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30