Feb 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
We told you, the big deals we love to talk about are not as likely to happen this year. There’s a lot of buzz about the Celtics but if you were around Kevin Garnett at all All-Star weekend you saw a guy adamant he is not waiving he no trade clause. The Lakers are not moving Dwight Howard and nobody is taking the injured Pau Gasol. The Clippers likely hold on to Eric Bledsoe. And so on and so on….
But there will be a lot of smaller deals as the deadline nears. Here is a Tuesday morning roundup of things you might be on the lookout for.
• The Thunder are shopping backup point guard Eric Maynor around, reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com. While he has struggled and been injured the past couple seasons he has potential and is a restricted free agent this summer — some team is going to offer more tan the Thunder are willing to pay for him. So they are trying to move him now.
• There have been multiple reports in recent days that the Timberwolves have been aggressive in trying to add a veteran or two to the roster.
• The Chicago Bulls are just over the luxury tax line and may trade to get under it for a year, especially with uncertainty as to when Derrick Rose returns, reports CBS’s Berger. This is that fear of the repeater tax again and they are putting Richard Hamilton on the block.
• If the Lakers are going to make a move it is likely a small one, and Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni would like it to be for Raja Bell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Not sure that happens, however.
• Golden State is about $1 million over the tax line. With a repeater tax kicking in starting next summer, look for them to make a small move to shed a little salary and get under the line, reports CBS’s Berger.
Aug 29, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Sibert played four years in college.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Owning this may be better than seeing Space Jam 2 with Lebron James, if that project comes together.
Aug 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He’s a coach, a brother.” — Lakers’ co-owner Jim Buss on Byron Scott
Aug 28, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s not a coincidence you see stars like Chris Paul, LeBron James, Tim Duncan and Russell Westbrook in a highlight package like this.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Hollins’ likes to slow things down.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
It is going to be a rough year in Denver as they give the keys to the offense to a rookie point guard.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:46 PM EDT
I wouldn’t bet on him making the roster.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Will either of them take a discount for security?
Aug 28, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
Charles Barkley talked about how he never found Dawkins in a bad mood — he was always jovial.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:59 PM EDT
Boozer is making the right play here.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:15 PM EDT
It shouldn’t linger into training camp if he doesn’t aggravate it.
Aug 28, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
What did you expect he would say?
Aug 28, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Ballmer may just be ahead of the curve on this.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
He did his damage in just 25 minutes.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:21 AM EDT
Spoiler: Thomas’ team won.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Lakers co-owner isn’t closing the door.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Get excited, Magic fans.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:10 AM EDT
No deal is in place as of now.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:34 AM EDT
He calls DeMarcus Cousins his “brother.”
Aug 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Did Mychal raise a cheater? I don’t think so.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 5
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10