Feb 19, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
We told you, the big deals we love to talk about are not as likely to happen this year. There’s a lot of buzz about the Celtics but if you were around Kevin Garnett at all All-Star weekend you saw a guy adamant he is not waiving he no trade clause. The Lakers are not moving Dwight Howard and nobody is taking the injured Pau Gasol. The Clippers likely hold on to Eric Bledsoe. And so on and so on….
But there will be a lot of smaller deals as the deadline nears. Here is a Tuesday morning roundup of things you might be on the lookout for.
• The Thunder are shopping backup point guard Eric Maynor around, reports Ken Berger at CBSSports.com. While he has struggled and been injured the past couple seasons he has potential and is a restricted free agent this summer — some team is going to offer more tan the Thunder are willing to pay for him. So they are trying to move him now.
• There have been multiple reports in recent days that the Timberwolves have been aggressive in trying to add a veteran or two to the roster.
• The Chicago Bulls are just over the luxury tax line and may trade to get under it for a year, especially with uncertainty as to when Derrick Rose returns, reports CBS’s Berger. This is that fear of the repeater tax again and they are putting Richard Hamilton on the block.
• If the Lakers are going to make a move it is likely a small one, and Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni would like it to be for Raja Bell, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Not sure that happens, however.
• Golden State is about $1 million over the tax line. With a repeater tax kicking in starting next summer, look for them to make a small move to shed a little salary and get under the line, reports CBS’s Berger.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Mavericks hold draft rights to Finnish point guard who’s under contract with Russian team
Sep 2, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Derrick Rose, James Harden and Kenneth Faried appeared stunned by traditional pregame dance
Sep 2, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Golden State also announces signing of Aaron Craft, who previously reached deal
Sep 2, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Can’t blame a team for trying, I guess.
Sep 2, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
He will miss most and maybe all of training camp.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
I think the Warriors are pretty set at the guard spot, but he would had some toughness.
Sep 2, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
When big men run the floor hard, good things happen.
Sep 2, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Ingles off to hot start in World Cup
Sep 2, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
I mean, there’s always a chance.
Sep 2, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Team USA was supposed to be a perimeter-based team, but through three games the bigs are stealing the show.
Sep 2, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Greek Freak in action.
Sep 2, 2014, 12:39 PM EDT
Curry fired back on Twitter to someone who made a joke at the expense of his shoes.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:59 AM EDT
Erik Spoelstra is changing things up a bit.
Sep 2, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
Rose was originally penciled in as the starter, but Kyrie Irving has been more deserving thus far.
Sep 2, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
This should make Bulls fans extremely happy.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Cleveland, now with championship aspirations, may not feel the same way.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
Mozgov could play with LeBron James, for David Blatt (his Russian national team coach)
Sep 2, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
The young Pistons could use this kind of locker room leader.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
“I’ve played 18 years, and the way I look at my career, I’m content with everything that I’ve done. I just want to take this summer and see how it goes.” —Ray Allen
Sep 2, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
Pau Gasol dropped 26 on Brazil, grabbed 9 boards and even blocked Nene at the rim.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19