Feb 19, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
That’s still the plan. Eventually.
Bynum’s still not back so the most basic questions the Sixers have remain unanswered. So don’t expect the Sixers to go making a big move, coach Doug Collins told CSNPhilly.com.
“One thing we have to be careful with is, you don’t want to make a trade to salvage a season,” Collins said. “If something happens for us, I think it would be very small. I don’t see anything major that’s going to turn our season around. Major for us is to get our guys healthy.”
And by “guys” we’re mainly talking Bynum.
He has gone through shooting drills and done some practicing. But there has been no contact, nothing that begins to simulate real game action. There’s still no timetable for his return, really.
“You see him practice some days, other days he’s taking it a little slower and then other days he’s looking like a beast,” Holiday said. “I don’t know…
“He just looks like a train coming at you,” Holiday said. “It’s pretty scary.”
I have news for you Philly fans, from someone who saw a lot of him in Los Angeles: Even when he’s fully healthy some days he looks like a beast and some days he’s a little slower. It’s just who he is.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 14
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 55
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73