Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Greg Oden is taking his time.
When word of his comeback attempt started to pick up steam a lot of teams had some interest. And when a lot of teams have some interest the pressure for them to get a deal done fast increases — we better sign him before somebody grabs him.
But Oden is in no rush, a bit of knowledge dropped by Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports in his power rankings.
Injury-riddled center Greg Oden probably won’t sign with a team until the off-season, his agent Mike Conley told Yahoo! Sports.
The Cavaliers remain the front runners — Oden is taking classes at Ohio State and is back in the area — but a lot of other teams were interested (there was buzz that the Heat pulled out, but if Oden is waiting they can make another run later).
It’s also smart for Oden to wait because if he shows he could be back next season to play 15 minutes a night, a lot of teams will line up with more money.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6