Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Greg Oden is taking his time.
When word of his comeback attempt started to pick up steam a lot of teams had some interest. And when a lot of teams have some interest the pressure for them to get a deal done fast increases — we better sign him before somebody grabs him.
But Oden is in no rush, a bit of knowledge dropped by Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports in his power rankings.
Injury-riddled center Greg Oden probably won’t sign with a team until the off-season, his agent Mike Conley told Yahoo! Sports.
The Cavaliers remain the front runners — Oden is taking classes at Ohio State and is back in the area — but a lot of other teams were interested (there was buzz that the Heat pulled out, but if Oden is waiting they can make another run later).
It’s also smart for Oden to wait because if he shows he could be back next season to play 15 minutes a night, a lot of teams will line up with more money.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19