Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Greg Oden is taking his time.
When word of his comeback attempt started to pick up steam a lot of teams had some interest. And when a lot of teams have some interest the pressure for them to get a deal done fast increases — we better sign him before somebody grabs him.
But Oden is in no rush, a bit of knowledge dropped by Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports in his power rankings.
Injury-riddled center Greg Oden probably won’t sign with a team until the off-season, his agent Mike Conley told Yahoo! Sports.
The Cavaliers remain the front runners — Oden is taking classes at Ohio State and is back in the area — but a lot of other teams were interested (there was buzz that the Heat pulled out, but if Oden is waiting they can make another run later).
It’s also smart for Oden to wait because if he shows he could be back next season to play 15 minutes a night, a lot of teams will line up with more money.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29