Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Greg Oden is taking his time.
When word of his comeback attempt started to pick up steam a lot of teams had some interest. And when a lot of teams have some interest the pressure for them to get a deal done fast increases — we better sign him before somebody grabs him.
But Oden is in no rush, a bit of knowledge dropped by Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports in his power rankings.
Injury-riddled center Greg Oden probably won’t sign with a team until the off-season, his agent Mike Conley told Yahoo! Sports.
The Cavaliers remain the front runners — Oden is taking classes at Ohio State and is back in the area — but a lot of other teams were interested (there was buzz that the Heat pulled out, but if Oden is waiting they can make another run later).
It’s also smart for Oden to wait because if he shows he could be back next season to play 15 minutes a night, a lot of teams will line up with more money.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6