Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Greg Oden is taking his time.
When word of his comeback attempt started to pick up steam a lot of teams had some interest. And when a lot of teams have some interest the pressure for them to get a deal done fast increases — we better sign him before somebody grabs him.
But Oden is in no rush, a bit of knowledge dropped by Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports in his power rankings.
Injury-riddled center Greg Oden probably won’t sign with a team until the off-season, his agent Mike Conley told Yahoo! Sports.
The Cavaliers remain the front runners — Oden is taking classes at Ohio State and is back in the area — but a lot of other teams were interested (there was buzz that the Heat pulled out, but if Oden is waiting they can make another run later).
It’s also smart for Oden to wait because if he shows he could be back next season to play 15 minutes a night, a lot of teams will line up with more money.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50