Feb 19, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Milwaukee has appeared to be very active as the trade deadline at 3 p.m. Eastern on Thursday approaches.
Their starting backcourt of Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis are free agents this summer — in the case of Jennings it is restricted and the Bucks can match. But they are listening to offers and talking about others, although Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports suggests what they have heard is not enough to move them.
But apparently they are still talking, including one for Magic sharpshooter J.J. Redick, tweets Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.
It’s that second part that makes this interesting. As we have noted the Bucks have floated Ellis in a deal for Josh Smith, and while I’m not sold that works for everyone it must be serious enough that the Bucks are thinking about how to fill in the two-guard spot if a deal for Ellis is done (with the Hawks or anywhere).
By the way, if the Hawks made the two deals — some forms of Ellis for Smith and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute for J.J. Redick — they would have three guys who become free agents next summer (Smith, Redick and Jennings) and questions about if they could really match all three.
But it sounds like the Bucks are looking hard at deals as the deadline nears.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30