Feb 19, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Milwaukee has appeared to be very active as the trade deadline at 3 p.m. Eastern on Thursday approaches.
Their starting backcourt of Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis are free agents this summer — in the case of Jennings it is restricted and the Bucks can match. But they are listening to offers and talking about others, although Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports suggests what they have heard is not enough to move them.
But apparently they are still talking, including one for Magic sharpshooter J.J. Redick, tweets Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.
It’s that second part that makes this interesting. As we have noted the Bucks have floated Ellis in a deal for Josh Smith, and while I’m not sold that works for everyone it must be serious enough that the Bucks are thinking about how to fill in the two-guard spot if a deal for Ellis is done (with the Hawks or anywhere).
By the way, if the Hawks made the two deals — some forms of Ellis for Smith and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute for J.J. Redick — they would have three guys who become free agents next summer (Smith, Redick and Jennings) and questions about if they could really match all three.
But it sounds like the Bucks are looking hard at deals as the deadline nears.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13