Feb 19, 2013, 1:31 AM EDT
The Portland Trail Blazers have given J.J. Hickson more minutes than anyone had before and the result has been not only more points but more efficiency — 12.7 points on 56.6 percent shooting, 10.3 rebounds and a PER of 20.2 this season.
If you believe in the idea of selling high on a player then Portland should trade Hickson now. And apparently Portland is thinking about it, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
This is odd for one reason — Hickson can veto any trade because he loses his Bird rights. He’s a free agent this summer and if he is traded the home town team could not offer more than anyone else. Maybe that would appeal to him if he goes to the right place, he likely tests the market anyway.
But it’s out there and it’s something to watch. Blazers GM Neil Olshey is a lot of things, but shy about making deadline deals is not one of them.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4