Feb 19, 2013, 1:31 AM EDT
The Portland Trail Blazers have given J.J. Hickson more minutes than anyone had before and the result has been not only more points but more efficiency — 12.7 points on 56.6 percent shooting, 10.3 rebounds and a PER of 20.2 this season.
If you believe in the idea of selling high on a player then Portland should trade Hickson now. And apparently Portland is thinking about it, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
This is odd for one reason — Hickson can veto any trade because he loses his Bird rights. He’s a free agent this summer and if he is traded the home town team could not offer more than anyone else. Maybe that would appeal to him if he goes to the right place, he likely tests the market anyway.
But it’s out there and it’s something to watch. Blazers GM Neil Olshey is a lot of things, but shy about making deadline deals is not one of them.
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 7
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 24
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3
- PBT Extra: Bulls have shot to upset Cavaliers 16