Feb 19, 2013, 1:31 AM EDT
The Portland Trail Blazers have given J.J. Hickson more minutes than anyone had before and the result has been not only more points but more efficiency — 12.7 points on 56.6 percent shooting, 10.3 rebounds and a PER of 20.2 this season.
If you believe in the idea of selling high on a player then Portland should trade Hickson now. And apparently Portland is thinking about it, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Portland still willing to move J.J. Hickson, but hasn't found an appealing offer yet, sources tell Y!—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2013
This is odd for one reason — Hickson can veto any trade because he loses his Bird rights. He’s a free agent this summer and if he is traded the home town team could not offer more than anyone else. Maybe that would appeal to him if he goes to the right place, he likely tests the market anyway.
But it’s out there and it’s something to watch. Blazers GM Neil Olshey is a lot of things, but shy about making deadline deals is not one of them.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 12
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 21
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29