Feb 19, 2013, 1:31 AM EDT
The Portland Trail Blazers have given J.J. Hickson more minutes than anyone had before and the result has been not only more points but more efficiency — 12.7 points on 56.6 percent shooting, 10.3 rebounds and a PER of 20.2 this season.
If you believe in the idea of selling high on a player then Portland should trade Hickson now. And apparently Portland is thinking about it, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Portland still willing to move J.J. Hickson, but hasn't found an appealing offer yet, sources tell Y!—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2013
This is odd for one reason — Hickson can veto any trade because he loses his Bird rights. He’s a free agent this summer and if he is traded the home town team could not offer more than anyone else. Maybe that would appeal to him if he goes to the right place, he likely tests the market anyway.
But it’s out there and it’s something to watch. Blazers GM Neil Olshey is a lot of things, but shy about making deadline deals is not one of them.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 4
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 18
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 26
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy