Feb 19, 2013, 1:31 AM EDT
The Portland Trail Blazers have given J.J. Hickson more minutes than anyone had before and the result has been not only more points but more efficiency — 12.7 points on 56.6 percent shooting, 10.3 rebounds and a PER of 20.2 this season.
If you believe in the idea of selling high on a player then Portland should trade Hickson now. And apparently Portland is thinking about it, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
This is odd for one reason — Hickson can veto any trade because he loses his Bird rights. He’s a free agent this summer and if he is traded the home town team could not offer more than anyone else. Maybe that would appeal to him if he goes to the right place, he likely tests the market anyway.
But it’s out there and it’s something to watch. Blazers GM Neil Olshey is a lot of things, but shy about making deadline deals is not one of them.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15