Feb 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
If you only believed the public comments of NBA GMs, no trade was ever going to happen in the NBA. To make sure they have some leverage, they all say nothing is likely to happen. They talk but their not interested.
Danny Ainge is the king of that — he’s had some conversations about everyone on the roster in the past few weeks, but in the end he says don’t expect a deal.
That’s what he told CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely. And it doesn’t feel like he’s lying.
“It looks unlikely that anything will be done,” said Ainge, the Celtics’ president of basketball operations….
Being busy is a given this time of year for Ainge, although there has been more dialogue between the C’s and other teams this season than past years.
“We’ve had injuries,” explained Ainge. “We wouldn’t have been talking so much if we hadn’t had so many injuries.”
With Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa out for the season, the Celtics need some more bodies on the roster. Through trade or free agency there will be additions to the Celtics roster. There needs to be.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 10
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 7
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15