Feb 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
If you only believed the public comments of NBA GMs, no trade was ever going to happen in the NBA. To make sure they have some leverage, they all say nothing is likely to happen. They talk but their not interested.
Danny Ainge is the king of that — he’s had some conversations about everyone on the roster in the past few weeks, but in the end he says don’t expect a deal.
That’s what he told CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely. And it doesn’t feel like he’s lying.
“It looks unlikely that anything will be done,” said Ainge, the Celtics’ president of basketball operations….
Being busy is a given this time of year for Ainge, although there has been more dialogue between the C’s and other teams this season than past years.
“We’ve had injuries,” explained Ainge. “We wouldn’t have been talking so much if we hadn’t had so many injuries.”
With Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa out for the season, the Celtics need some more bodies on the roster. Through trade or free agency there will be additions to the Celtics roster. There needs to be.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 36
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17