Feb 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
If you only believed the public comments of NBA GMs, no trade was ever going to happen in the NBA. To make sure they have some leverage, they all say nothing is likely to happen. They talk but their not interested.
Danny Ainge is the king of that — he’s had some conversations about everyone on the roster in the past few weeks, but in the end he says don’t expect a deal.
That’s what he told CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely. And it doesn’t feel like he’s lying.
“It looks unlikely that anything will be done,” said Ainge, the Celtics’ president of basketball operations….
Being busy is a given this time of year for Ainge, although there has been more dialogue between the C’s and other teams this season than past years.
“We’ve had injuries,” explained Ainge. “We wouldn’t have been talking so much if we hadn’t had so many injuries.”
With Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa out for the season, the Celtics need some more bodies on the roster. Through trade or free agency there will be additions to the Celtics roster. There needs to be.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36