Feb 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
If you only believed the public comments of NBA GMs, no trade was ever going to happen in the NBA. To make sure they have some leverage, they all say nothing is likely to happen. They talk but their not interested.
Danny Ainge is the king of that — he’s had some conversations about everyone on the roster in the past few weeks, but in the end he says don’t expect a deal.
That’s what he told CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely. And it doesn’t feel like he’s lying.
“It looks unlikely that anything will be done,” said Ainge, the Celtics’ president of basketball operations….
Being busy is a given this time of year for Ainge, although there has been more dialogue between the C’s and other teams this season than past years.
“We’ve had injuries,” explained Ainge. “We wouldn’t have been talking so much if we hadn’t had so many injuries.”
With Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa out for the season, the Celtics need some more bodies on the roster. Through trade or free agency there will be additions to the Celtics roster. There needs to be.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31