Feb 19, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
If you only believed the public comments of NBA GMs, no trade was ever going to happen in the NBA. To make sure they have some leverage, they all say nothing is likely to happen. They talk but their not interested.
Danny Ainge is the king of that — he’s had some conversations about everyone on the roster in the past few weeks, but in the end he says don’t expect a deal.
That’s what he told CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely. And it doesn’t feel like he’s lying.
“It looks unlikely that anything will be done,” said Ainge, the Celtics’ president of basketball operations….
Being busy is a given this time of year for Ainge, although there has been more dialogue between the C’s and other teams this season than past years.
“We’ve had injuries,” explained Ainge. “We wouldn’t have been talking so much if we hadn’t had so many injuries.”
With Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger and Leandro Barbosa out for the season, the Celtics need some more bodies on the roster. Through trade or free agency there will be additions to the Celtics roster. There needs to be.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 21
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11