Feb 19, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
For a trade to come to fruition, both teams have to feel like they are winning, that they are improving. Sometimes as fans we can look at a trade from our team’s perspective and think, “this is a great deal” while the other side would say “are you kidding?”
With that we bring you the latest in the Josh Smith trade rumor mill, via ESPN’s Marc Stein.
On the surface, this deal makes some “you take my problem, I’ll take yours” sense.
And if you are the Hawks this deal makes more sense — Monta Ellis and Jeff Teague make a potentially dangerous if inefficient backcourt. But is that really enough for Smith? It’s a big step back and they have to pay big to keep Ellis this summer when he becomes a free agent.
On the other side, while the Bucks would get the better player, you think Josh Smith is staying there this summer? You think the Bucks are going to sign up for offering max or near-max deals to Smith and Brandon Jennings this summer?
But that’s the talk out there today. There is a lot of talk.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31