Feb 19, 2013, 12:34 PM EDT
For a trade to come to fruition, both teams have to feel like they are winning, that they are improving. Sometimes as fans we can look at a trade from our team’s perspective and think, “this is a great deal” while the other side would say “are you kidding?”
With that we bring you the latest in the Josh Smith trade rumor mill, via ESPN’s Marc Stein.
On the surface, this deal makes some “you take my problem, I’ll take yours” sense.
And if you are the Hawks this deal makes more sense — Monta Ellis and Jeff Teague make a potentially dangerous if inefficient backcourt. But is that really enough for Smith? It’s a big step back and they have to pay big to keep Ellis this summer when he becomes a free agent.
On the other side, while the Bucks would get the better player, you think Josh Smith is staying there this summer? You think the Bucks are going to sign up for offering max or near-max deals to Smith and Brandon Jennings this summer?
But that’s the talk out there today. There is a lot of talk.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13