Feb 19, 2013, 12:34 PM EST
For a trade to come to fruition, both teams have to feel like they are winning, that they are improving. Sometimes as fans we can look at a trade from our team’s perspective and think, “this is a great deal” while the other side would say “are you kidding?”
With that we bring you the latest in the Josh Smith trade rumor mill, via ESPN’s Marc Stein.
On the surface, this deal makes some “you take my problem, I’ll take yours” sense.
And if you are the Hawks this deal makes more sense — Monta Ellis and Jeff Teague make a potentially dangerous if inefficient backcourt. But is that really enough for Smith? It’s a big step back and they have to pay big to keep Ellis this summer when he becomes a free agent.
On the other side, while the Bucks would get the better player, you think Josh Smith is staying there this summer? You think the Bucks are going to sign up for offering max or near-max deals to Smith and Brandon Jennings this summer?
But that’s the talk out there today. There is a lot of talk.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9