Feb 19, 2013, 10:57 AM EDT
So as the trade deadline approaches, Pistons fans shouldn’t expect another big move, reports the Detroit Free Press.
One source even said: “You have already had the main course. You aren’t getting seconds.”
But the source added: “You might get dessert.”
The one guy you might expect to see moved is Will Bynum, who has shown good scoring punch and is in the last year of his contract. It would depend on what was coming back to Detroit, but the Pistons would listen.
As for the main course, Calderon has averaged 15 points and 7 assists per game since he came over to Detroit, and the team is 3-3 in that stretch. It’s a change the players are adjusting to, guard Brandon Knight told PBT over the weekend in Houston (where Knight played in and was half of one of the best parts of the Rising Stars game along with Kyrie Irving).
“It’s alright playing with Jose,” Knight said. “We’re trying to build better chemistry without a lot of practice. And we’re just trying to get wins, that’s the main thing…
“It’s an adjustment, just me seeing things from a different angle now, not having the ball in my hands as much. It’s just getting used to that.”
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 2
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 14
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29