Andrew Bynum shows off… interesting hair style; says he’ll practice in 1-2 weeks

Feb 19, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT

Andrew Bynum's hair, via Jordan Raanan on twitter.
https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan Andrew Bynum's hair, via Jordan Raanan on twitter. https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan

To the right you see Andrew Bynum’s new hairstyle when he met with the media on Tuesday.

Words fail me. Decide for yourself.

As for the ever-fluctuating timetable for his return to the Sixers, well, he might start practicing with the team. Soon. Probably. From the twitter of John Finger of CSNPhilly.com.

I read those tweets and I always have the same question: How much are you going to pay the guy this summer as a free agent? You know somebody is going to give him a max deal, right?

So there’s your Bynum update for the week. Let’s get back to discussing his hair.

1. connorchew - Feb 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

this cat and mouse game is getting really old really fast. if the sixers want a remote chance of turning it around he needs to get on the court.

2. staff2cj - Feb 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

R Kelly had that same hair style lol

• fanofevilempire - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Kurt should get that hair style, it would look bad ass.

If Bynum spent more time rehabbing and less time on his hairdo it would be best.

imagine if Kobe had to deal with this clown, oh wait, he is currently dealing with another clown.

• Kurt Helin - Feb 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM

The only thing holding me back from getting that hairstyle is hair. Well, and sanity. And my wife.

• badintent - Feb 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM

The one he sees every morningin the mirror ? or in the locker room ? Or front office(Jim B). Can’t blame Mike Brown no more.

3. akmgiants - Feb 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM

r. kelly/danny brown

• badintent - Feb 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

AB’s head looks like Honey Nutt……….KG

4. noring4youstill - Feb 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Johnny Blaze did this look first.

5. illegalblues - Feb 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

danny brown spot on, man knows his stuff

6. doctorfootball - Feb 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

“Bynum added that he’s 100 percent sure he will play this year”

Yeah. Except “this year” could mean November.

• 00maltliquor - Feb 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM

HAAAA! You found the loophole.

7. frankiebooboo - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You know… The owner of the Sixers is the won who hosted that mitt Romney fundraiser where he made the 47% comment. The owner is getting just what he deserves…Bynum is stealing money from him and likely won’t stay in Philly. Although I’m frustrated with Bynum because I’m a sixers fan, I don’t entirely hate what bynum’s doing.

• somekat - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

huh? I’d say you were getting off the rails, but im not sure you started anywhere near them

• frankiebooboo - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Your mother

• fanofevilempire - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM

you mean with his hair?

• frankiebooboo - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Your mother too

• thesixersbench - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Not that I want to distract anyone from that mind-boggling brain fart of a post, but the person you’re alluding to is Marc Leder – who is a minority owner of the Sixers. Along with Will Smith and a dozen other investors.

The majority owner is a man named Joshua Harris.

• frankiebooboo - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Lol. I didn’t say majority owner. But I don’t need for you to break it down for me. If I can navigate this site I can more than likely google names of owners and other random facts too. My point was that karma is a female dog that just bit the “owner”.

Ps… Your farts stink worse.

• tcclark - Feb 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM

So let me recap here:

Marc Leder:
      Minority Owner of Sixers
      Business School education from the University of Pennsylvania
      Was Senior Vice President of the fourth largest investment bank in the US by the time he was 25
      Is the CEO of a company worth over 8 billion
      Is worth over $600 Million himself

If that’s the result of Karma, i wish i would have held that fundraiser for Romney.

By the way, I think it’s hilarious that you are offended by the 47% comment, but you “don’t entirely hate” a man for taking millions of dollars without working. Irony is awesome.

8. jcarne9014 - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Now, there’s $17 million well spent!!

• fanofevilempire - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM

on the hairdo?

9. cosanostra71 - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM

don’t understand the whole look of having one side short and the other long. R. Kelly did this a while ago, and Skrillex has it too. Looks dumb.

• fanofevilempire - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

maybe he didn’t have enough to braid his entire head so he did half.
      sometimes if I’m late I shave only half my face.

10. presidentialpeter - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:14 PM

The Harvey Dent Spring look.

11. progress2011 - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM

A little “Diversity Training” for my brotha’s and sista’s that don’t have textured hair….

This IS NOT a hair style. Essentially what happened is – he was getting his braids taken down OR maybe he was having his hair braided, when something came up and his stylist had to stop.

They probably stopped to do the interview.

Most “pretty-boys” would have made the interviewer wait, until the style was complete for the camera’s.

Bynum is obviously not a guy that cares about how pretty he is…….KUDOS !!!!

• fanofevilempire - Feb 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I think he was short on cash.

• progress2011 - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:13 PM

AHAHAHAHAahahaha….fan !

If he is short on cash, that would just mean he is being frugal with the Swiss Mint the 6′ers threw at him !

More kudos for the big fella, for being a savvy business man. Learning to budget his 17 MILLION from the 6′ers and all the MILLIONS the fakers threw at him.

His ability to be budget conscious with his bank, will help to prevent becoming broke after his career…..smart guy

ahahaha

• dgforreal - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM

This guy gets it. It’s more than likely he’s in the middle of taking the braids down after his work out and will have them redone again soon.

12. chitownmatt - Feb 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM

This hair cut along with many of the ridiculous outfits we [as fans] were forced to witness over the all star weekend, only contributes further evidence to the verdict that many nba stars are taking advice from the wrong people.

His agent, his wife, his mother…. Somebody, needs to tell this dude he looks like a fool.

13. phillyphannn83 - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM

1. I’d almost certainly bet a years salary that no one will be giving him a Max deal given his injury history
    2. why do the pics and vids embedded on the website still not show up on the app? your IT dept. is lacking!!

• progress2011 - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Philly,

I’d advise against betting your $15K to prove a point…which you will CERTAINLY lose !

Any person that is 7’0″ and can walk and talk at the same time….is probably gonna get a Max contract if they have potential.

Bynum certainly has skill and has hardware to prove it.

14. glinchey - Feb 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Iverson rocked that style 15 years ago and I wish the Sixers brought him back to show Bynum how to play ball

• philliampenn - Feb 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM

He has certainly taught him how to practice when he feels like it…

15. Mr. Wright 212 - Feb 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I honestly don’t think he ever had any intention of playing this season, and it could partly be coming from his agent. He gets paid to sit and they’ll find some sort of way to finagle that sixth year elsewhere through some obscure language in the CBA, despite Philadelphia holding his rights. I do not think he wants to be there long-term. That’s just my gut feeling about all this.

16. supremekingz - Feb 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Progress2011 is the only one who got this right. They should really bring back Chapelle’s Show for his segment “I know Black People” because people here truly don’t. Bynum was getting his hair cornrow’d when he probably stopped to so the interview. The other half will be done at some point, but the bottom line is:
    That’s not a hairstyle!

It’s like stopping to do an interview halfway through a haircut

• dgforreal - Feb 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I hope it’s the other way around because getting his hair braided while it’s all sweaty is kind of gross.

17. 1historian - Feb 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM

fyi – I am a Certified Old Fart

1) He looks like a complete idiot

2) Just another reason for me not to waste money on going to a game in person or time watching one on TV.

Wizards playing spoiler in East