Feb 18, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
It’s the latter injury, to Barbosa, that has the Celtics exploring their options on the wing, looking for a swingman who could soak up some minutes. It seems the player they’re turning to is former Net, Rocket, and King Terrence Williams:
Williams, who has been considered a bit of a head case in his career, is a former lottery pick who last played in the NBA last season with the Kings. He appeared in 18 games for Sacramento, averaging 8.8 points and 4.1 rebounds a game in 20.5 minutes.
As Washburn indicates, Williams is now seeking release from his contract in China with the Guangdong Southern Tigers where he was playing well. Williams, however, left the team to return to the states to deal with a death in the family.
Now that he’s back in the states, the Celtics will sign him with the hope he can boost their depth on the wing and flash some of that lottery talent in the process.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32