Feb 18, 2013, 12:41 PM EST
It’s the latter injury, to Barbosa, that has the Celtics exploring their options on the wing, looking for a swingman who could soak up some minutes. It seems the player they’re turning to is former Net, Rocket, and King Terrence Williams:
Williams, who has been considered a bit of a head case in his career, is a former lottery pick who last played in the NBA last season with the Kings. He appeared in 18 games for Sacramento, averaging 8.8 points and 4.1 rebounds a game in 20.5 minutes.
As Washburn indicates, Williams is now seeking release from his contract in China with the Guangdong Southern Tigers where he was playing well. Williams, however, left the team to return to the states to deal with a death in the family.
Now that he’s back in the states, the Celtics will sign him with the hope he can boost their depth on the wing and flash some of that lottery talent in the process.
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 45
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22