Feb 18, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
It’s the latter injury, to Barbosa, that has the Celtics exploring their options on the wing, looking for a swingman who could soak up some minutes. It seems the player they’re turning to is former Net, Rocket, and King Terrence Williams:
Williams, who has been considered a bit of a head case in his career, is a former lottery pick who last played in the NBA last season with the Kings. He appeared in 18 games for Sacramento, averaging 8.8 points and 4.1 rebounds a game in 20.5 minutes.
As Washburn indicates, Williams is now seeking release from his contract in China with the Guangdong Southern Tigers where he was playing well. Williams, however, left the team to return to the states to deal with a death in the family.
Now that he’s back in the states, the Celtics will sign him with the hope he can boost their depth on the wing and flash some of that lottery talent in the process.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3