Feb 18, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
It’s the latter injury, to Barbosa, that has the Celtics exploring their options on the wing, looking for a swingman who could soak up some minutes. It seems the player they’re turning to is former Net, Rocket, and King Terrence Williams:
Williams, who has been considered a bit of a head case in his career, is a former lottery pick who last played in the NBA last season with the Kings. He appeared in 18 games for Sacramento, averaging 8.8 points and 4.1 rebounds a game in 20.5 minutes.
As Washburn indicates, Williams is now seeking release from his contract in China with the Guangdong Southern Tigers where he was playing well. Williams, however, left the team to return to the states to deal with a death in the family.
Now that he’s back in the states, the Celtics will sign him with the hope he can boost their depth on the wing and flash some of that lottery talent in the process.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 68
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32