Feb 18, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
It seems like he should have been in earlier, but in 2010 the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inducted Lakers owner Jerry Buss into its ranks.
He’s earned it. Not just for guiding the franchise to 10 titles and making the finals 48.4 percent of the years he owned the team, but for how he revolutionized the game off the court.
What you see above is his induction speech Buss gave, one where he really comes off as humble and a guy who just wanted to tell his story but doesn’t come off as the driving force he was in the Lakers and NBA.
Below is the movie clip the Hall of Fame puts together to honor and introduce inductees.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6