Feb 18, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Chris Paul is the best player in the NBA at orchestrating the game.
Other guys — LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant — are more athletic and can take a game over with their skills, but CP3 is be more of a conductor. He can score, but he wants to control the game mentally and get his teammates involved. The game goes according to his pace.
Which is why he had 20 points and 15 assists in winning the NBA All-Star MVP award.
These are some of Paul’s comments to the media after the game.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (76)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'