Feb 18, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Chris Paul is the best player in the NBA at orchestrating the game.
Other guys — LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant — are more athletic and can take a game over with their skills, but CP3 is be more of a conductor. He can score, but he wants to control the game mentally and get his teammates involved. The game goes according to his pace.
Which is why he had 20 points and 15 assists in winning the NBA All-Star MVP award.
These are some of Paul’s comments to the media after the game.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6