Feb 17, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
At one point during the 3-point contest I thought to myself, “You know what? I could probably do that. I’ve hit five in a row before. Yeah, I could totally do that.”
Then Kyrie Irving had his turn, and I felt pretty stupid for thinking those thoughts. Irving put on one of the most impressive displays in 3-point contest history in the final round, knocking in 17 of his first 18 shots, prompting Reggie Miller to start calling him “Chico” and proclaim the world as his.
The world might not be Irving’s (yet), but the weekend has been. Irving stole the show with the two most memorable moments from the weekend despite not being in the dunk contest. Irving’s crossover of Brandon Knight probably brought the biggest rise out of the Houston crowd of the weekend, and this sweet shooting display was unreal to watch unfold.
Here’s video of Irving’s winning round from Saturday night’s contest:
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 6
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4