Feb 17, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
At one point during the 3-point contest I thought to myself, “You know what? I could probably do that. I’ve hit five in a row before. Yeah, I could totally do that.”
Then Kyrie Irving had his turn, and I felt pretty stupid for thinking those thoughts. Irving put on one of the most impressive displays in 3-point contest history in the final round, knocking in 17 of his first 18 shots, prompting Reggie Miller to start calling him “Chico” and proclaim the world as his.
The world might not be Irving’s (yet), but the weekend has been. Irving stole the show with the two most memorable moments from the weekend despite not being in the dunk contest. Irving’s crossover of Brandon Knight probably brought the biggest rise out of the Houston crowd of the weekend, and this sweet shooting display was unreal to watch unfold.
Here’s video of Irving’s winning round from Saturday night’s contest:
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 10
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14