Feb 17, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
At one point during the 3-point contest I thought to myself, “You know what? I could probably do that. I’ve hit five in a row before. Yeah, I could totally do that.”
Then Kyrie Irving had his turn, and I felt pretty stupid for thinking those thoughts. Irving put on one of the most impressive displays in 3-point contest history in the final round, knocking in 17 of his first 18 shots, prompting Reggie Miller to start calling him “Chico” and proclaim the world as his.
The world might not be Irving’s (yet), but the weekend has been. Irving stole the show with the two most memorable moments from the weekend despite not being in the dunk contest. Irving’s crossover of Brandon Knight probably brought the biggest rise out of the Houston crowd of the weekend, and this sweet shooting display was unreal to watch unfold.
Here’s video of Irving’s winning round from Saturday night’s contest:
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4