Feb 17, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
This isn’t a dunk contest that is going to go down in history with the greats. Well, unless you’re a Raptors fan. It was up and down, plenty of misfires and missed dunks no doubt.
But there were some jaw dropping moments, too. Terrence Ross won because he had a few of them. Then there was the most unique dunk of the night with Jeremy Evans dunking over a painting he did himself of himself.
But these were our three favorites.
3. Kenneth Faried goes off the backboard and between the legs. Faried is a power dunker. I like power dunkers. I had high hopes for him and he delivered with this one.
2. Gerald Green off the side of the backboard reverse. This was the very first dunk of the contest and when it was over I was thinking, “damn, this could be a good night.” Didn’t fully work out that way, but Green had a huge one here.
1. Terrence Ross off the side of the backboard, 360 throwdown while wearing the Vince Carter throwback. Your winner, ladies and gentlemen.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2