Feb 17, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
This isn’t a dunk contest that is going to go down in history with the greats. Well, unless you’re a Raptors fan. It was up and down, plenty of misfires and missed dunks no doubt.
But there were some jaw dropping moments, too. Terrence Ross won because he had a few of them. Then there was the most unique dunk of the night with Jeremy Evans dunking over a painting he did himself of himself.
But these were our three favorites.
3. Kenneth Faried goes off the backboard and between the legs. Faried is a power dunker. I like power dunkers. I had high hopes for him and he delivered with this one.
2. Gerald Green off the side of the backboard reverse. This was the very first dunk of the contest and when it was over I was thinking, “damn, this could be a good night.” Didn’t fully work out that way, but Green had a huge one here.
1. Terrence Ross off the side of the backboard, 360 throwdown while wearing the Vince Carter throwback. Your winner, ladies and gentlemen.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14