Feb 17, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
This isn’t a dunk contest that is going to go down in history with the greats. Well, unless you’re a Raptors fan. It was up and down, plenty of misfires and missed dunks no doubt.
But there were some jaw dropping moments, too. Terrence Ross won because he had a few of them. Then there was the most unique dunk of the night with Jeremy Evans dunking over a painting he did himself of himself.
But these were our three favorites.
3. Kenneth Faried goes off the backboard and between the legs. Faried is a power dunker. I like power dunkers. I had high hopes for him and he delivered with this one.
2. Gerald Green off the side of the backboard reverse. This was the very first dunk of the contest and when it was over I was thinking, “damn, this could be a good night.” Didn’t fully work out that way, but Green had a huge one here.
1. Terrence Ross off the side of the backboard, 360 throwdown while wearing the Vince Carter throwback. Your winner, ladies and gentlemen.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 6
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 23
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0