Feb 17, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
This isn’t a dunk contest that is going to go down in history with the greats. Well, unless you’re a Raptors fan. It was up and down, plenty of misfires and missed dunks no doubt.
But there were some jaw dropping moments, too. Terrence Ross won because he had a few of them. Then there was the most unique dunk of the night with Jeremy Evans dunking over a painting he did himself of himself.
But these were our three favorites.
3. Kenneth Faried goes off the backboard and between the legs. Faried is a power dunker. I like power dunkers. I had high hopes for him and he delivered with this one.
2. Gerald Green off the side of the backboard reverse. This was the very first dunk of the contest and when it was over I was thinking, “damn, this could be a good night.” Didn’t fully work out that way, but Green had a huge one here.
1. Terrence Ross off the side of the backboard, 360 throwdown while wearing the Vince Carter throwback. Your winner, ladies and gentlemen.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18