Feb 16, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Kenneth Faried may have won the MVP of the Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, and Kyrie Irving may have stolen the show. But Ricky Rubio had some impressive highlights of his own during the game that definitely deserve to be noticed.
The brilliance in this clip’s first highlight doesn’t seem to be recognized by either the fans in the building or the announcers on the broadcast, as Rubio puts the ball through his legs from behind before going in for the layup.
The second was the best of the bunch, though, as Rubio goes no-look between his legs to find Bradley Beal for the uncontested slam dunk.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14