Feb 16, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Kenneth Faried claimed the MVP of the Rising Stars game by playing his normal game. He played hard, attacked the rim for some tremendous finishes, and worked the glass with the relentless energy he shows during every game he laces up his sneakers for.
Just as the video above shows.
Even in the slow motion of the phantom cam, Faried’s activity stands out. He’s always moving towards the rim (at least when he’s not flashing three point range no one knew he had), always moving towards the ball and/or the rim, and always playing a physical style. Not to mention he’s also always smiling, showing the joy he has playing this game.
Sure, this game didn’t offer much defense (except from Faried who more than once challenged shots at the rim), but that only further enabled Faried’s active style to be effective. Enough to be the MVP.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43