Feb 16, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Kenneth Faried claimed the MVP of the Rising Stars game by playing his normal game. He played hard, attacked the rim for some tremendous finishes, and worked the glass with the relentless energy he shows during every game he laces up his sneakers for.
Just as the video above shows.
Even in the slow motion of the phantom cam, Faried’s activity stands out. He’s always moving towards the rim (at least when he’s not flashing three point range no one knew he had), always moving towards the ball and/or the rim, and always playing a physical style. Not to mention he’s also always smiling, showing the joy he has playing this game.
Sure, this game didn’t offer much defense (except from Faried who more than once challenged shots at the rim), but that only further enabled Faried’s active style to be effective. Enough to be the MVP.
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 7
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5