Feb 16, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Kenneth Faried claimed the MVP of the Rising Stars game by playing his normal game. He played hard, attacked the rim for some tremendous finishes, and worked the glass with the relentless energy he shows during every game he laces up his sneakers for.
Just as the video above shows.
Even in the slow motion of the phantom cam, Faried’s activity stands out. He’s always moving towards the rim (at least when he’s not flashing three point range no one knew he had), always moving towards the ball and/or the rim, and always playing a physical style. Not to mention he’s also always smiling, showing the joy he has playing this game.
Sure, this game didn’t offer much defense (except from Faried who more than once challenged shots at the rim), but that only further enabled Faried’s active style to be effective. Enough to be the MVP.
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 8
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 0
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 6
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 8
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 25