Feb 16, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Kenneth Faried claimed the MVP of the Rising Stars game by playing his normal game. He played hard, attacked the rim for some tremendous finishes, and worked the glass with the relentless energy he shows during every game he laces up his sneakers for.
Just as the video above shows.
Even in the slow motion of the phantom cam, Faried’s activity stands out. He’s always moving towards the rim (at least when he’s not flashing three point range no one knew he had), always moving towards the ball and/or the rim, and always playing a physical style. Not to mention he’s also always smiling, showing the joy he has playing this game.
Sure, this game didn’t offer much defense (except from Faried who more than once challenged shots at the rim), but that only further enabled Faried’s active style to be effective. Enough to be the MVP.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4