Feb 16, 2013, 1:29 PM EDT
Kenneth Faried claimed the MVP of the Rising Stars game by playing his normal game. He played hard, attacked the rim for some tremendous finishes, and worked the glass with the relentless energy he shows during every game he laces up his sneakers for.
Just as the video above shows.
Even in the slow motion of the phantom cam, Faried’s activity stands out. He’s always moving towards the rim (at least when he’s not flashing three point range no one knew he had), always moving towards the ball and/or the rim, and always playing a physical style. Not to mention he’s also always smiling, showing the joy he has playing this game.
Sure, this game didn’t offer much defense (except from Faried who more than once challenged shots at the rim), but that only further enabled Faried’s active style to be effective. Enough to be the MVP.
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 0
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 49
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 23
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 9
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 28
- Carmelo Anthony still not ready to decide, but he needs to soon as options dry up 46
- Report: With LeBron James heading to Cleveland, Kevin Love would commit to Cavaliers long term if traded there 58
- Report: Lakers finalizing trade for Rockets’ Jeremy Lin 70