Feb 15, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
General Manager Billy King really wants to get some help at the four spot for his Nets. Of course, that’s all about just helping his team out and has nothing to do with him being in the last year of his contact and his expensive team not impressing much. It’s not about saving his job. You are so cynical. Why would you even think that?
The Nets were rumored to be interested in Josh Smith then when that wasn’t going anywhere they turned their focus to Paul Millsap. And there is always a Ben Gordon trade out there. But nobody seems to want to pay Kris Humphries $12 million next season. Imagine that.
But now the Nets may have a new target, tweets Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News.
Heard the Nets are interested in Portland's JJ Hickson, who can veto a trade. Hickson would lose his Bird Rights if dealt.—
Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) February 15, 2013
LaMarcus Aldridge doesn’t think the Blazers will make any move, he told Ben Golliver (of Sports Illustrated).
"I don't think they'll make a move. I think they'll ride it out with our guys." LaMarcus Aldridge on Blazers management at deadline—
Ben Golliver (@blazersedge) February 15, 2013
With less than a week to the trade deadline, expect only about 27 more Nets trade rumors to come up.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 6
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14