Feb 15, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
If Carmelo Anthony is smart (and he is), he should sell him playing through pain in the All-Star Game in Houston Sunday as something he wanted to do to thank the fans. They voted for him, he wanted to pay them back.
I don’t think that’s the reason, but that’s how he should spin it.
Either way, it looks like he will play despite a bruised bicep suffered against the Raptors Wednesday, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Why is Anthony playing? Because if he sat out the All-Star Game injured the league would make him sit out the Knicks game Wednesday as well. The league doesn’t take kindly go guys getting suddenly injured and skipping the All-Star Game but being well enough to play in games on either side of it. It sets a bad precedent. So if you miss the All-Star Game you will miss more.
Which ultimately means Carmelo Anthony will suit up Sunday. How many minutes remains to be seen, it is possible Eric Spoelstra plays him just a few minutes if he requests it. Or he could play more like 20. But he will be there.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45