Feb 15, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
If Carmelo Anthony is smart (and he is), he should sell him playing through pain in the All-Star Game in Houston Sunday as something he wanted to do to thank the fans. They voted for him, he wanted to pay them back.
I don’t think that’s the reason, but that’s how he should spin it.
Either way, it looks like he will play despite a bruised bicep suffered against the Raptors Wednesday, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
Why is Anthony playing? Because if he sat out the All-Star Game injured the league would make him sit out the Knicks game Wednesday as well. The league doesn’t take kindly go guys getting suddenly injured and skipping the All-Star Game but being well enough to play in games on either side of it. It sets a bad precedent. So if you miss the All-Star Game you will miss more.
Which ultimately means Carmelo Anthony will suit up Sunday. How many minutes remains to be seen, it is possible Eric Spoelstra plays him just a few minutes if he requests it. Or he could play more like 20. But he will be there.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 0
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10